Old Member Introductions

Hare

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I guess i should introduce myself properly.

I'm Martyn, a retired moderator of VirtualPetList (it's down and I don't really see it coming back up), but also a pet site owner and multiple other things. I've been involved with the pet site community since about 2007, but only really took a mass interest in the documentation of in-development games and background work.

I've moved to here in the hopes of re-establishing myself as someone who can help improve the community and contribute to it's growth, it's nice to see that TheGamingList is already thriving. I look forward to meeting new and possibly old members of the community (some may even know me already).

You've got a nice forum here @Digital!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @VelvetVixie:D

---

Been lurking for the last little bit and thought that I should make a proper intro, haha. ?

Hello!

giphy.gif

My name is Andou, good to meet you ?! I used to go by Ruichi/Rai back in the day (way way way way back in the day). I see some familiar faces here from the ol' VPL (hello!). I was a bit of a lurker back there as well (haha..), save from a few design and art commissions here and there.

Cheers!

Edited by Andou

Hello everyone :D I'm from VPL too and  @Passage told me of this place today so I had to join since I missed VPL a lot.  

I go by Camy, short for my real name Camille, and I'm a front-end designer who has made fansites for the past 14 years as a hobby, half a year professionally, the latest being a complete recode with Bootstrap 3 for BTACdragons.com, and lastly I have done UI and UX design the past 3 years for visual novels.  It's a small niche that is growing in the game industry here in the West which is where I have been hiding at working on recently. 

I have 16 years of playing pet games, first one being Horseland until they released the coin system they have now which destroyed the economy that led to myself and my friends leaving.  I've been playing Eqcetera and Flight Rising the most the past years with some others in between as well as MMORPGs. 

Feel free to ask me any questions that you're curious about~.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey

I have been playing sims for a long long time now but I have only just stumbled on this place. Looks amazing so far!

Not much interesting stuff to say about myself but I do love art, creating critters, drawing in both digital and traditional media. Its a hobby of mine. A little nervous about sharing my work because I dont have much of a portfolio yet but I thought I would take a chance and see what people like/need. I do the odd bit of art for a couple of sites to help out already and want to see what else is out there

• Like 2

Hi, I am Pear and I joined on 08/17/17! Most people may recognize me from MysidaAdoptables' forums, and a somewhat large variety of petsites. :3 My username is usually Pear, or JuicyThePear. Nice to meet you all/see you again! ^-^

I'm currently in the process of creating my own adoptable site, but I'm keeping it locked tight for now as it is still in the early developmental stages. :3 This will be my eighth adoptable site to plan. (Only about 3 have actually gotten past the planning stage..all are dead now. |D) I'm actually going to be doing mostly everything myself, so it's probably going to take a while since I can't afford to hire anyone atm. (Poor college student here..lol)

View Member

Edited by Pear

Hello and welcome @Pear! :0 

Ooh, you've been a member of multiple pet sites? I must ask, which one(s) is/are your favorite(s)?  

And your adoptable site, what will it have in it? Will it be something kind of nuanced, or something more average? I'm kinda curious since I, myself plan on creating a site in the distant future (and I really am into pet/adoptable/sim sites).

@MasterDaye - Hm...There's a lot. haha XD But I'd have to say that at the moment, my favorite is actually probably Eldemore. x') Although I do visit Pokefarm, Flight Rising, Aywas, ChickenSmoothie, Dragon Cave, Poke Heroes, and GPX Plus on a regular basis. :3 I go through favorites randomly though, so sometimes I play on FR a ton, or sometimes Dragon Cave..recently it was Pokefarm haha. :3 But I'd have to say that I really enjoy most of these, as some of them I've had accounts for years. x) They're all bookmarked in my toolbar haha Although I am also a member of a few other sites, such as Aywas, Lioden, and Leayph. Probably more that I can't remember off the top of my head though XD

It's actually probably not going to be that exciting, and there's really no reason for me to keep it to myself, but it's going to be similar to Eldemore or CS but with more content n things to do. c: Basically, just another monthly adopts site but with a small twist I guess. x3 It'll be fun though, or so I hope haha ^-^ Ooh, good luck with that! :D I can't wait to see what you come up with. :3

1 hour ago, Pear said:

It's actually probably not going to be that exciting, and there's really no reason for me to keep it to myself, but it's going to be similar to Eldemore or CS but with more content n things to do. c: Basically, just another monthly adopts site but with a small twist I guess. x3 It'll be fun though, or so I hope haha ^-^ Ooh, good luck with that! :D I can't wait to see what you come up with. :3

We here at TGL look forward to hearing more about your game, as well what you have planned!