Old Member Introductions

Hare

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Nate.Tube said:

I wouldnt have normally posted, but this thread popped up shortly after registering, so I felt kinda obligated to reply

Haha! That's how this kind of thread would make me feel, too. But I guess it's good in a way because it starts conversations.

What do you like most about VPL?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SingSong said:

Haha! That's how this kind of thread would make me feel, too. But I guess it's good in a way because it starts conversations.

What do you like most about VPL?

Heh, yep. A sneaky tactic to get my engagement i guess ;) :P

As for VPL, there was always a fountain of knowledge on there for current trends and updates in the VPS world.

So far though, I'm liking this forum as it seems to be growing to have the same type of content - and more.

How long has this forum been active?

3 hours ago, Digital said:

Little over a month. We opened shortly after VPL went down for the second time.

And thank heavens you did!

7 hours ago, Nate.Tube said:

Heh, yep. A sneaky tactic to get my engagement i guess ;) :P

As for VPL, there was always a fountain of knowledge on there for current trends and updates in the VPS world.

So far though, I'm liking this forum as it seems to be growing to have the same type of content - and more.

How long has this forum been active?

It is OH SO SNEAKY. You get dragged in one way or another! :) I'm Syn, welcome!

• Like 1

Haha I know! I'm so nervous because everybody I know says they are more difficult since they are more emotional, but I don't think that's necessarily true. I mean.. once puberty comes, sure.

I'm super excited because I'm a photographer so I'm going to do a lot of mommy and me sessions (if you ever heard of those). But I'm also doing it with my husband where they will wear all plaid and match with colors and such. And yes.. I work full-time (and might get extended for another month in the next 2 weeks) until I stop working.. 4 weeks before giving birth lol. So I am pretty exhausted right now.

And yes! We do have a Facebook page, but I haven't been updating it yet until we get more features fully developed since I have been jumping back and forth between some. It's called Lurania Kingdom so you will find it on Facebook if you look for it! :) I'm hoping to release more sneak peeks in the coming month when my contract ends!

Hi @halichu,

Welcome to TGL. I also recently joined when I was looking for an alternative to VPL. So far I'm finding the community very friendly :)

I look forward to seeing your game when you are able to show some sneek peeks! (I too have been working on a virtual pet game with an RPG twisth on and off for a few years xD).

Good luck with your pregnancy - being a parent is difficult but rewarding.. My daughter is 10 years old, but she acts like she is 15 >_<

I've followed your game on Facebook (link for anyone who is too lazy to search). Hope you enjoy your stay here!

Edited by Nate.Tube

@Nate thank you! I am finding the community very friendly as well, I love it. It's definitely a refreshment :)

I will be able to show more soon since my contract will be ending at my current workplace. I was just trying to get in as much financial stability as I could before the little one got here :) Haha, I am not looking forward to her growing up. I want her to stay little forever! lol. 

What is your game that you are developing? :o 

1 hour ago, halichu said:

I was just trying to get in as much financial stability as I could before the little one got here :) Haha, I am not looking forward to her growing up. I want her to stay little forever! lol. 

First off, congrats on a little one soon to be here. They will be the one thing you will find that will age you - however you will not discover this until it is too late nor will it bother you half as much as you think it will. Enjoy them while they are young because like @Nate said, they grow up fast. I have a 10 month old and a soon to be 10 year old.

1 hour ago, halichu said:

@Nate thank you! I am finding the community very friendly as well, I love it. It's definitely a refreshment :)

I will be able to show more soon since my contract will be ending at my current workplace. I was just trying to get in as much financial stability as I could before the little one got here :) Haha, I am not looking forward to her growing up. I want her to stay little forever! lol. 

What is your game that you are developing? :o 

No problem :-) Looking forward to the update!

My game doesnt have a name yet, but it's been a WIP since forever. I've owned a couple of virtual pet sites in the past, so I've learned from past mistakes what does work and what doesnt work :D

Enjoy work while you can.... you.. wont miss it haha

Hay guys! Passage here. Some of you may know me from VPL and some of you may not! I recently returned to the internet after taking an all too long hiatus. Ugh, real life has been... x_x.

For those who don't know me, I am a front-end designer who has been working with web design and user experience for over a decade. I've had my hands in many different projects that I'm sure some of you have come across. I have an obsession with coffee and currently work as the Director of Marketing for a large sandwich franchise chain in the greater Seattle area.

Have any questions? Ask me! I'm an open book. I can't wait to see old and new faces alike and hope you all are well! 

Edited by Passage
Stuffs added.
  • Like 2