Old Member Introductions

Hare

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops! I forgot to reply to you.

What a cute name. Girls are great. I have one child (she's 10 months old), and I think creating that daughter/mommy bond makes the experience even more special. I hope parenthood is everything you hope it will be and in the meantime that your pregnancy is treating you okay. Being a parent is exhausting but also the biggest joy in my life. :happy:

Everything you're saying about your game sounds awesome: baby and adult stages, a card-based battle system, intuitive quests, crafting—I want to play! Sounds like you're making good progress. Is there a Facebook page I can follow?

18 hours ago, Anoua said:

Hey @Boltgreywingglad to see you made it over to  The Gaming List. :) Glad you are making progress on your site as well. What did your registration do before? I thought the user creation progress was already happening?

The original registration system was an open registration system. Basically when a new user signed up they automatically became a new user. The problem with that system is that bots got to abuse the system and also some users had bad emails which kind of tied up my mail server. So I decided to shift to a closed registration system with the potential to be semi-open. However the shift to the close system was a bit problematic and is still being worked on. Since passwords were a required field it caused my new system to fail so I had to remove passwords from the registration process.

Now I have to give each user an initial password, however this allows manual approval process to take place by the use of a keymaster. The keymaster is in charge of approving or denying the conversion from registration to physical user. I am hoping this will eliminate bot issues to almost nil. Names, emails and pretty much every field will be checked for validity manually. I will use a email checker help out the process as well. The keymaster can shut down registration as well to close it off. I am looking to have registration closed from two weeks to a month with a potential open period of 3 days.

Since VPL no longer exists (I've been a prowler there for over 10 years), I was looking for an alternative. Google was no help, and fortunately I found this website posted on VPL's facebook, so figured I would give it a try.

I wouldnt have normally posted, but this thread popped up shortly after registering, so I felt kinda obligated to reply :):P

Edited by Nate.Tube