Old Member Introductions

Hare

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys & gals.

My name is Patrick. Some of you may or may not know me. I've had varying degrees of activity within these communities for over a decade.

Who am I? I have a long, diverse history in the world of Web Development and Internet Marketing which did take me down the path of browser based web games for some time. I'm the owner of Rescreatu and Truelight Media. Former owner of Roliana, The Pokemon Moon RPG, and some others.  Former co-owner of VPL for a stint as well. I was partnered with Carlos (cpvr) on several high traffic web properties over a decade ago.

I have expertise knowledge in web development and programming. My toolkit of choice still remains the LAMP stack. For the last few years I've been almost exclusively a Laravel developer.

These days I help run a data center & enterprise level web hosting company called DotBlock. I help companies build out custom server infrastructure with pricing and personal service which, frankly, cannot be beat anywhere.

Who knows how active I'll be here but given this appears to be the new VPL, figured I would stop in and say hello :)

I'm Nobody.

Been playing games (petsites at first) since 2001. It got me into computers!
Joined the VPL community over a decade ago, in 2005 or 2006, I think it was.
Glad to see TGL offered as an alt-genre option for the community to expand. 

I'm a creative director, event coordinator, illustrator, author, and comic creator.
For funsies my hobbies are gaming, streaming, parkour, swordplay, and cosplay.
You can talk to me any time about tea, books, anime, and any kind of games!

View Member

Edited by Nobody

51 minutes ago, Digital said:

What is your favorite tea?

A few years back I picked up something called Queen Mary Victorian Grey from The Queen Mary Tea Room company, who hosted a lovely fashion show and tea party at Steamposium, Seattle's Steampunk convention. I'm still nursing it along, since it is still my current favorite. It's composed of china black tea, assam, rose, orange, cornflower, vanilla, bergamot, and creme. It's one of those strange teas that is actually better complimented by sugar, rather than honey (which is my favorite sauce to put on or in anything, ever). I only have enough for one or two more cups right now, so I mostly just open up the canister to savor the smell. ;w;

I generally I adore anything from the companies Friday Afternoon Tea and Aromatica Fine Teas.

Friday Afternoon Tea is also from Seattle, and is owned by a friend who designs the teas with aesthetic and aromatic themes based on nerdy things like Dungeons and Dragons, Lord of the Rings, and Doctor Who. This little company is owned by Friday and her daughter. Their house and its tea kitchen burned, so we kickstartered to raise funds for an actual brick and mortar shop! I'm so excited at the prospect of one day being able to go up and visit their tea shop in person. My favorite blends from Friday are the Cherry Chocolate, which has dark chocolate bits, and Audrey's Spring Tea, which is arguably the sweetest tea they have, designed by Friday's daughter.

Aromatica Fine Teas is a little pop and mom shop just outside Vancouver, B.C., near a cute bee farm. I passed by it during my travels and fell in love with their worldwide award winning blends. They have something that the gentleman blender there called druid tea, which he designed after an old celtic recipe that druids used for meditation, but I think the blend's actual title is something like "Stress Relief" on the label. I'm also fond of their Angel Dreams blend, which very much helps with cramps, for those folks who have female based bodies.

I have around fifty different teas right now, but I'm always on the lookout for more. I do enjoy greens and whites. Mostly I only get herbal mixtures and tisanes, though, because I've a major sweet tooth and prefer floral accents. They go better with my Oregon wildflower honey, generally!

@Pepper-Head

Likewise!

I've been good! Started working full time (full time overtime would be more accurate haha) about a year ago, so I'm terribly busy most of the time, but it's good to be back among familiar people! Didn't realize I'd missed being in a forum quite like this, and it's great that so many from the community have come here also.

And how have you been? How's it all going?

@jakdacrowe Of the type that would have you draw more regularly!

I'm full-time also, but the norm has become ending up working at least 2-3 hours overtime, but I won't say what my record is haha!

And yeah, what'chu gonna do, it's part of having to deal directly with people.

I'd actually love nacho chips with cheese right now though!