Clanheart - still being actively worked on?

I remembering when it was being hyped as hell. It never really interested me because it looks little bit to clean.  It's well put together aesthetically but something feels missing from it. When I go to Lioden (or even Flight Rising) it has a certain feel to it that tells you you're on Lioden.

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember the hype of clanheart and totally forgot about it till it was mentioned here again. Though, without knowing what exactly is going on, there could be anything up with the game. I'd still like to play and such if it ever gets fully completed.

Seems like it died out. They used their tumblr for updates as well and the last one was the pets being redone (not sure why since the art has always been really nice from the beginning) but that was still quite a bit ago so, maybe it's been abandoned. http://clanheart.tumblr.com/

Seemed like a neat concept, though not particular appealing to me, I did like the idea of being able to switch creatures at any point and always loved the art. Was always confused why they decided to revamp it all, and before it even opened. But seems like some people did have complaints so maybe that is why. Unfortunate they went ahead with the revamp but stopped updating it though, lots of money down the drain there I'd imagine.

• Like 1

@Anoua I had the same thoughts on the revamp. I didn't see much of an improvement in the revamped art (it was nice beforehand), so it was strange to me that the resources went to doing that instead of other things. I can only imagine how much all of that cost (and to never be used!); yeah, a real shame there.

That's the difficulty in making one of the games that have art as one of the main selling features. You're bound to get players that nitpick the art more than usual. But in all honestly, just about every piece of art can be criticized in some way if you're looking for flaws. At a certain point, as a game designer, you have to just be satisfied with what you have and not let other people's opinions sway you to change what you originally thought was good (or even great).

• Like 1

Clanheart kind of struck me as a site with to much trying to be achieved. That's why the fact it's so polished bothered me. It seems to want to put out a lot of quality. While wanting to put out quality and polish is important you could fall into the trap that mind set puts you. If you already invested so much into art why not just go with it? If you're not happy with the art that should have been a choice you made before investing into it. Why not do a proposed redesign and then kickstart for the rest. I'm very confused.

EDIT: On second glance. Maybe is trying for too much. Maybe it's straining under the cost? Who knows?

Edit2: Okay so here is my theory(?). People liked the familiar art style and they went through with upgrading the main pets? I was not really looking forward to going through 64 pages and chancing player's tumblers but that's what I gleemed. Weird thing about it was this post from a year ago saying they could not pay for it and didn't want to delay.

clanheart.PNG

Edited by Corsair
rabbit hole goes to deep man
  • Like 1

@Corsair Interesting find. And yeah I did some comments saying they were not going to redo the art, but then they ended up working out a deal with the new artist. But I don't know, I am not 100% sure I even like the new art better. It's good, but to me it's just more of a change of styles. And I liked the older style too so.. kind of a toss up honestly.

I definitely agree sometimes you just have to say it's good enough and move on though. Otherwise nothing will be finished, and that isn't beneficial either. 

• 2 weeks later...

If you're wondering what's happening, I'm still in contact with the owner of it (as I was the one who made the soundtrack for it) and could ask what's going on and if it's still being worked on. It's such a nice looking site too, it would be a shame if it was gone before it even had a chance to blossom.

2 hours ago, Martyn said:

If you're wondering what's happening, I'm still in contact with the owner of it (as I was the one who made the soundtrack for it) and could ask what's going on and if it's still being worked on. It's such a nice looking site too, it would be a shame if it was gone before it even had a chance to blossom.

It would be curious to know if it is still being actively developed or operated, if you are able to ask that would be wonderful!

8 minutes ago, Digital said:

It would be curious to know if it is still being actively developed or operated, if you are able to ask that would be wonderful!

The owner of ClanHeart wanted be to post this on behalf of them.
"The project was delayed when the marking artist went MIA as we waited for her to complete the marking project. Unfortunately, given how long it's been since the artist touched base, and after how many emails have gone ignored, it appears the artist ran off with the money. Given the amount of time that we waited for her to finish the markings, a lot of interest and hype in CH by its staff has died off as well."

• Thanks 1

They also asked that I include this line as well.
"Staff is open to continuing the project, but we would need some additional staff to get the markings art on track again, and right now we are concerned with trying to recover the lost money."

On 2017-05-29 at 10:29 AM, dracula said:

Would @chutkat know? I know they were doing the art for the game.

Actually I have no idea what's the current status of Clanheart, usually the owner didn't speak much to me about Clanheart plans so I don't know much details.

Sorry for the delay on the reply, I was out of the country.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If the artist ran off with their money, and its past the paypal deadline, they can do a chargeback at their bank. If she ran off without doing anything and they have her legal name etc, they can file in a small claims court if its enough. 

On 2017-06-15 at 0:58 AM, Martyn said:

The owner of ClanHeart wanted be to post this on behalf of them.
"The project was delayed when the marking artist went MIA as we waited for her to complete the marking project. Unfortunately, given how long it's been since the artist touched base, and after how many emails have gone ignored, it appears the artist ran off with the money. Given the amount of time that we waited for her to finish the markings, a lot of interest and hype in CH by its staff has died off as well."

I had no idea this happened!
Wow this person really has a bad luck with people going away with his money.

On 2017-06-15 at 1:16 AM, Martyn said:

They also asked that I include this line as well.
"Staff is open to continuing the project, but we would need some additional staff to get the markings art on track again, and right now we are concerned with trying to recover the lost money."

Well, before choosing this artist, I recommended him another professional artist like me, really good friend of mine who knows my art and we've collaborated on art projects a lot, but he didn't want to pay the fee and wanted to get the markings asap (basically giving almost no time for proper art) buuuut anyways, he went to this other artist and also charged him about the same amount and I think was going to take a while to finish all the stuff?
I can't remember well but it was much more than what he said he wanted to pay. I wish I had the info on hand so I could give out better info.

Also the artist before me (the main artist when I came in to work on items and familiars)  stopped communicating as well.