Forum Adoptables Guide

Digital

Forum Adoptable Guide

corgicoc2.png.a615313590e19333a26877991eca8204.png  

Our Adoptable’s are cute and fluffy and love to follow you around your travels here at The Gaming List. This guide is intended to answer all the questions and help you get introduced to your new bundles of joy.

What are these Forum Adoptables?

The Adoptables here on the forums are pets that you can hatch from Eggs purchased from our Store. We have a wide selection of different Adoptables available for you to choose from, and often have new ones that become available. Some Adoptables are even rewarded for contests or competitions or for certain community milestones. Even others may be for purchase for real currency from our store, their purchase supporting our community.

There is no limit to the amount of Adoptables you may have, however you may only have one Adoptable available at a time.

You can see all the available Adoptables on our Adoptable Codex!

What is Power?

Power is the force that helps your Adoptable grow and evolve. Each Adoptable has many different forms that they evolve into. You may choose to evolve your Adoptable, or you may choose not to. The choice is yours.

You gain Power by participating in the community. You gain power through posting, users reacting to your posts, the daily streak mini-game, and the daily power contest.

Daily Streak Mini-Game

The Daily Streak Mini-Game can be seen on some pages, but is easily reached by viewing your profile. Every day that you post at least once, you will gain a stacking power bonus, after 7 days it resets. The more days you return and post, the more Power you earn.

Daily Power Contest

The Daily Power Contest can see on the sidebar, where you see Adoptables competing for who has earned the most power during the current day. At the end of the day, the top 3 Adoptables earn a bonus amount of Power.

How do I get an Adoptable?

You may purchase any of the freely (or premium for a small price) Adoptable form our Store. The free pets do not cost anything, so you will not be asked for any payment information.

Some Adoptables are only available as rewards for competitions and community events, so always keep up to date with our Community News to know when these events are happening.

How do I set an Adoptable as my Active Adoptable?

On your profile is a tab for Adoptables, from this tab you can manage your Adoptables, including setting which one you want as your active Adoptable. Your Active Adoptable is the Adoptable that receives Power. You may only have one Adoptable set as Active at a time.

adoptables-tab.png adoptables-mobile.png

Note: If you are on a mobile device, you will find your Adoptables tab under the Activity dropdown on your Profile. You may also find the Adoptables link under your Account menu.

How do I evolve my Adoptable?

When your Adoptable is ready to Evolve, you will notice a link that says Evolve in your Adoptables options. You will find this on your Adoptables tab in your Profile.

Note: If you are on a mobile device, you will find your Adoptables tab under the Activity dropdown on your Profile. You may also find the Adoptables link under your Account menu.

How do I turn off the Notification that my Adoptable is ready to evolve?

Sometimes you don’t want to evolve your Adoptables, which is perfectly okay! To turn off your Notification telling you that you have Adoptables ready to evolve, go to your Account Settings, click on Notification Options, and then towards the bottom look for:

adoptables-notification.png

“An Adoptable can Evolve” and toggle the switch to off. Remember to hit Save.

Note: You will have to manually check your Adoptables tab to know when you can Evolve any of your Adoptables, we will no longer notify you at all of any Adoptable that can Evolve. You can always re-enable the notification later if you choose to.

How do I transfer my Adoptable to another Member?

You can transfer an Adoptable to another Member by choosing Transfer from your Adoptables options. This is found on your Adoptables tab on your Profile. Please note, once an Adoptable is transferred, you will be unable to get it back unless it is transferred back to you.

Backdrops and Customization

You will find additional ways to customize your Adoptables in our Store, these include backgrounds, as well as custom paid options to either upload a custom Adoptable image of your pet, or a custom Background.

• 2 weeks later...

Great info here, although it took me a while to figure out where to find this information to figured out how to actually earn 'Power'.

The bullet point about how to earn - might be worth putting that on the page that displays your adoptable in case people arent able to find this post about it :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...