Show off what you are working on

20170205_161559.jpg

here is what i am working on. it is a cat with a balloon, and a monster with a flower ^__^ 

20170205_161633.jpg

i am going to do a bunch of different ones. 

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1224

1st sketch. Started with insects and water in mind, turned out mammalian. XD
They're omnivorous but mostly eat plantfood. Insects on the side and any meat they can scavenge. They make horrible fishers so forget fish. They live in small groups and live a semi-nomadic life. Moving around ensures the aquatic plants they eat can grow back.
They're rithm loving creatures and occasionally come together for rituals, dancing and drumming and tapping on their bellies.

Predators are often chased away by their loud beats.

Now I've just got to refine the concept before making a full colour piece.

I can't really show what I'm working on but I'm simultaneously working on my own game site (more so game mechanics and writing than actual coding and art) very very slowly and collaborating on a comic book with an artist. :)

22491864_1498580950222406_6669216533204950787_n.png

I've been working on a lot more digital paintings lately - here's one of them! Currently a redraw of one of my oldest paintings from 2013. I'm not finished yet with this one but I hope to finish it sometime this weekend. :)

I do post most of my WIPs on my Facebook Page or Instagram if anyone here wants to check them out!

Thanks @Digital  :)

I have been thinking of rebooting an old game dev project of mine so I might post some art WIPs for that later. 

I am currently working on some holiday greeting card designs and prints and building up a small back-log of stock. I'll have stuff to post soon I think. XD

I tried my hands at drawing some adoptable templates in a cartoonish style lol. I don't know if I like it enough but here it is. Not familiar with drawing on square canvases.

DNBLAc-VoAAeIzH.jpg:large

I thought I'd show avatar art that I made using a hybrid of traditional and digital art for my old school RPG game.  In trying to keep with the archaic feel of being old school, I'm experimenting.  I have an NPC that also sketches (will eventually be responsible for all the art on site) but I'm still toying with doing actual full digital dragon art in the future and keeping the sketch versions in the NPC sketchbook).  Here is Gilmaenas the Wizard's beginning additions to his sketch diary of everything in the world:

Arcane Dragon, Ranger Dragon, and Warrior Dragon:

View attachment 1425

View attachment 1428

View attachment 1429

The pet and player template system for pet game framework is almost done! It will let you design the look and feel of the pet and player pages using keywords and then populate it with the game contents. Pretty neat to see it in preview mode and then in the rendered mode.

Preview Mode​

View attachment 1435

Rendered Mode
View attachment 1436

Today I added some hover boxes on the main page of my game to give tooltips for some of the options that players first see once they create an account and login.  I've had a few people register for my alpha test, but so far no one has actually played or leveled up, so I thought maybe people are feeling lost about what to do.  I tend to take for granted that I find my own way very easily around any new programs, apps, and games, and others might not have that knack.  Yesterday I added some cover art for the homepage which is also on the Hall of Fame page in-game:

View attachment 1438

I'm making pet icons for the pet system in my rpg browser game.  This is my first time making pixel art.  I bought Aseprite on sale on Steam, and it really does make creating pixel art so easy.  Here's my very first one that I just made this morning, which is now on the alpha test site of my game:

View attachment 1485

Back