Jump to content

How many of you are planning to start development on a new game?


Recommended Posts

Aethria needs probably about three more days to a week of programming before it is fit for account sales/beta launch.  It's just finding someone to get those last days put in that is the problem -___-, as well as the faith that they are going to stick around for bug fixing once the site launches.

SO I guess not so much starting a completely new project as getting an almost-finished product launched.

 

Edited by Onyx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm working on a game right now. It's one I've been working on for a while, but had lots of ups and downs. It's called Nine Tales and our website is currently at https://www.nine-tales.com/. I'm getting things back on track now and I've started a mailing list for email marketing. I'm actually going to raffle a Dappervolk beta key to the subscribers of the mailing list. I made a post with the information here! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We at Mythodreas are continuing to work on the many things that we plan to do with the our site.  We no longer resemble Zeta and we prefer that people not compare us, as we are going a whole new route. Please feel free to join or visit as we are in open beta.  www.mythodreas.com

Just understand that as one of the only all volunteer staffed sites our growth is slower than those who have paid staff.

Our single programmer is a college student with a regular day job as well.

We are open to any offers of assistance in both programming and digital art. 

Thanks for watching and or helping us grow.

received_2111207972227950.png

Edited by Keptsoul2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am, I'm currently researching into my project (realistic meerkat sim). Tomorrow I'll be doing a few sketches and looking into coding for my site amongst other things.

It's my first project and im pretty hyped about it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, April said:

I am, I'm currently researching into my project (realistic meerkat sim). Tomorrow I'll be doing a few sketches and looking into coding for my site amongst other things.

It's my first project and im pretty hyped about it!

I cannot wait to see what you have in store, the concept that you posted here was wonderful!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mari said:

I'm working on a game right now. It's one I've been working on for a while, but had lots of ups and downs. It's called Nine Tales and our website is currently at https://www.nine-tales.com/. I'm getting things back on track now and I've started a mailing list for email marketing. I'm actually going to raffle a Dappervolk beta key to the subscribers of the mailing list. I made a post with the information here! 

 

The website and FB is a little sparse on info. Sounds intriguing, where can I read more?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Makazu I am currently working on a tumblr devlog where I will be offloading a ton of info! Hoping to get that out there by this coming Monday. I'll be posting the link on our social accounts and most likely also emailing it to list subscribers!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm working on an ARPG that I'm hoping to build into a full brand. Not exactly a pet site, I know, but it has similar elements? 

I'm pretty excited for it. The team involved has put a lot of thought into it, and spent quite a bit of time planning it out. We only have a handful of other things to do before it's ready to go.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Onyx said:

Aethria needs probably about three more days to a week of programming before it is fit for account sales/beta launch.

Soo close! I hope you find a programmer to wrap it up, I am excited to see it out!

34 minutes ago, Enivi said:

I'm working on an ARPG that I'm hoping to build into a full brand.

Big plans, I look forward to hopefully seeing it come to fruition for you and your team! 

3 hours ago, Keptsoul2 said:

We at Mythodreas are continuing to work on the many things that we plan to do with the our site.  We no longer resemble Zeta and we prefer that people not compare us, as we are going a whole new route. Please feel free to join or visit as we are in open beta. 

 

Got a link for us?

3 hours ago, ilrak said:

Not quite a new game, but I am planning on trying to get Auratus Ghoti closer to alpha testing this year!

So far from your thread about it looks like it is going to be a lot of fun!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had a game idea and small plan for a few years now, and I would really love to be able to work on it further this year if I can. Unfortunately being indecisive about art style hasn't helped, but I'm really hoping some day I can start sharing my game! :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Being said:

Still working on Kalerrden! Hoping to get some of the basic coding squared away, hopefully get the breeding system done and dusted!

I can't to see or hear more! I know you have been working on this one for a while now.

2 hours ago, Reav said:

plan on getting my pigeon breeding sim, Virtual Loft, going again this year. Had to leave it for a while to wait until i had time to work on it again

 

Yay! It is always fun to back to projects you set aside! :D 

1 hour ago, StarSea said:

I've had a game idea and small plan for a few years now, and I would really love to be able to work on it further this year if I can. Unfortunately being indecisive about art style hasn't helped, but I'm really hoping some day I can start sharing my game! :)

If you have any questions about the pro or cons to any specific style, a post in our creative forums is all you would need to get feedback from our Artists here on the forums. Maybe it could help settle on an idea :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm actually working on a project. Wild Howlz may be on an indefinite hiatus, and there are reasons for putting it on hiatus. A lot of it is personal.

I'm currently writing up the material, story and so forth for this semi-new game idea. The rough idea itself was developed back in college for a class, but was never put to actuality since, in all terms of the class, it was just to experience the process on the artwork and creation end of it. It wasn't a coding class, so we weren't responsible for physically coding and creating the game. Just developing the idea and creating artwork and materials, sorta like for a mock-pitch.

I hope to have parts starting to be revealed this year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A definitive nope from me, I've already got a pet site that I've been working on and off for about 10 years now.. that needs a lot of care and attention to meet it's potential. I should probably work on that first before starting any new projects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Not really - I still have Mythflow on the backburner, and will probably dust that off in a few years when my current startup matures! My current business is taking up a lot of my time, and with regular my day job on top of that, I am just so terribly busy. I am already doing 50-60 work weeks and I really do not have time for another project. Haha

I also am not sure about the market for pet games anymore - or what direction I need to take MF so that it becomes appealing to non petsite gamers. It will take a lot of coding and development, and I don't have the funds for that right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...