Community tones and behaving in a productive way

Digital

Hello everyone,

Since the beginning of this communities existence I have been honest and open to every members opinion, popular or not. I generally will not censor anyone posts unless it is extreme and is needed. I believe in the concepts of an open community where ideas, opinions, and feelings are openly expressed without fear of reprisal or attacks. These have been the guiding principals that I have felt are beneficial and help build a greater sense of community.

I have noticed some members who have been pushing the bounds of what is acceptable. Comments that are not constructive nor add anything to the topic at large, or detract and sow discontent should be kept to one's self. On the flip side, reactions to criticisms should not be met with outward defensiveness and a need to correct or attack in response. Although this community resides in an online space where anonymity can allow such behavior, at the end of the day we are all still responsible for our individual actions regardless of which side of the conversation you sit.

This community's purpose is to offer encouragement, support, and discussion mainly around the discussion of individuals building new browser-based games, or improving existing ones. Constructive, helpful, and supportive posts help other members to grow and advance, and provide value to both those helping that member, as well as some pride in being able to do so.

So, be constructive, be nice, and be yourself. Do not attack others for opinions, politely disagree and maybe offer a viewpoint to why you disagree. Do not get offended when someone else disagrees with your opinion, accept that is okay to not agree - Because it really is okay.

Moving forward, I am going to be much less forgiving of such negative behaviors as they arise.

Thanks!

@Artist @Game Owner @Members @Programmer @Writer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Digital
I couldn't have put it better myself.
I hope people will at the very least hold back on the defensive front, it can be hard but it doesn't solve anything being defensive. The same applies to being critical of others, be constructive and don't let it turn into a personal insult.