Large Update! Hatch your first companion!

Cybura

*exhales* Oh boy, do I have some news for you! I am just trying to figure out where to start... *searches through papers* Lets see... erm... Ah! Here we go! Let's start with this one! It appears that there has been quite a big update for Personal Communicators, This update should have already downloaded and installed on your PC if you are able to read this update. But lets go over the update a bit shall we? Good.

So, I am sure at some point in time you have seen a name of another citizen on your PC and decided to click on it and see where it takes you, only to find out that it doesn't take you very far, in fact, it doesn't take you anywhere. Well, the first part of this update fixed that problem, clicking on the name of a citizen will now lead you to the profile of that citizen where you can find interesting information about them and even leave a comment, wonderful right? More info on this update below.

Clicking on a player's username will lead you to their profile.

user_profile.png
(Click to see larger image)

You can find some useful things on a profile like a link to message the user, see their swaps, shop, showroom, etc. And you can also leave a comment on their profile.

Exciting, exciting indeed. But moving along to the next PC update... Friends. How many of us have them? You know, the ones we can depend on?... okay I will stop now. OTL But anyways, you can now befriend other citizens and stalk them! Hurray for Stalking! More details below.

friends_list.png

You can send a friend request to a player from their profile. Players would have to first accept the request before being officially added to your list. Friends list shows which friends are online and which are offline. You can see how many total friends are online in the top icon bar.

Now, onto the last part of the PC portion of the update, since we have much to cover! There is now a notification system installed that will keep you notified of activity that takes place regarding yourself. See details below of what I mean.

user_notifs.png

Notifications appear automatically without the need of you manually reloading the page. If an action occurs that there is already an icon in the top bar that will notify you, then you will only receive a notification through this system if you are online and the notification will disappear after a few second. However if there is not already an icon to notify you of the specific action then you would need to manually dismiss the notification.

*wipes forehead* Phew, three updates down and a few more to go. So... I am sure if you participated in the Halloween event or received your rewards for donating to the fundraiser, then your travel bag is a bit weighed down, or maybe even full, and I am sure you are getting quite the workout by lugging it around all day... Sheesh! So, you should be pleased to know that you may now place some of those items into storage. And of course, more info below.

item_storage.png

Players can store items by visiting their travel bag and clicking on the item they wish to store. Storage starts with a max capacity of 24 slots and just like the travel back, you may stack items that are the same to save space.

What now? Well now... now it's time to PARTY! And no, I am not talking about that upcoming Christmas party you may be looking forward to, or possibly even dreading. But party as in a group, you and three other citizens can now form a party of up to four. Now, since we are in the ACZ, there is no fighting allowed here, but it will have it's other perks. See details below.

party_feature.png

Players can form parties of up to four. Parties will display each players active character as well as the companion team of that character and other useful things. Parties will only have one leader and players can leave at any time. Parties will allow you to receive notifications about certain activity regarding the other player's character. Parties will have it's benefits for battle like an EXP boost for example, but also, during site events the entire party's luck will increase. You can form a party by clicking the party icon on a players profile, if they are not already in a party. If you are already in a party then you must be the party leader in order to invite new players to the party. Inactivity greater than 10 minutes will automatically kick you from the party.

And what can be more exciting than a party? Well, how about your very own companion? Yup, you heard me right. The council has determined that every new citizen should travel with at least one companion at all times, so Prof. Osmond has taken it upon himself to provide an egg to all new citizens and better yet, it's ready to hatch! Make sure you head over to his lab to grab yours at the earliest! Make this your mission! Details. Down. Below. :)

mission_feature.png

prof_lab.png

egg_hatch.png

first_companion.png

Players will receive their very first mission as well as their first companion. Follow the mission information to trigger the mission event. Follow through the event and choose your first companion. After you have chosen your companion, the hatching process will begin. Remain active on the site for 30 minutes to hatch your egg. More than 10 minutes of inactivity will make your timer reset so be careful not to be inactive for too long. When your egg hatches, you will be able to provide a name for your new companion. Companions will have randomly generated colors and 1-3 markings of a random opacity. This is only the case (randomness) for your starter companion.

It's that time of year again and this year Cybura is having it's first Christmas event, 15 Day of Christmas! Now, before we go any further, we would like to state that Cybura is a large game and with the server, quality of art and even programming in some areas, things become costly. So, with that said, the 15 Days of Christmas event is part of our fundraiser, however, players who cannot afford to contribute financially to Cybura should still login on Christmas day to receive a little gift. For players interested in participating in the event, it will run for 15 days starting December 21, 2017. Each day a new prize will be revealed and it is possible for you to obtain up to 5 copies of that item. These items will be event restricted and only for this year, so they won't be released ever again in the future. A day before the event begins you will be able to activate and place your Holiday Gifts on your desired day and can place up to 5 Holiday Gifts on each day. Holiday gifts come in packs of 1, 5, 10, 15, and 30, visit our fundraiser to claim yours. There will be another update going into more details about the event within the next two days, so keep an eye out!

holiday_gift_1_pack.pngholiday_gift_5_pack.pngholiday_gift_10_pack.pngholiday_gift_15_pack.pngholiday_gift_30_pack.png

Lastly, I leave you with this list of the more minor updates:

1. All Alpha art is done for top icon nav bar. A couple more icons may be added for beta but it's pretty much final.

icon_nav.png

2. Added Tool tips for profile icons, notification nav, and for each color of character creation with the name of what you are customizing.

3. Inactivity now logs you out after 10 minutes.

4. Players who have donated for a prize tier have received their founder trophy which is displayed on their profile. All fundraiser rewards have been handed out, so if a player doesn't have theirs then they should get in contact at the earliest.

5. Telepathy is a skill, always meant to be one unlocked, and the time has come to where it is now locked to all players until they fulfill the required conditions to unlock it. Telepathy is a character skill meaning once you unlock, it is only unlocked for your active character, you must replay the mission with other characters to unlock for them. You can be pinged but not ping other players without the skill.

6. Characters have been reset, giving the players the opportunity to fix any mistakes that were made during the initial release. This should be the last reset before official Alpha launch.

View full news

On 12/19/2017 at 10:04 PM, jakdacrowe said:

10/10 would receive 90+ emails about Cybura again
//in all honesty it was a pretty hilarious thing that happened and it really made my day

So sorry about that! Just glad it was caught quickly. But glad it made your day, but let's not let that happen again. :happy:

12 hours ago, halichu said:

That is an awesome update! Great job :) I should checkout my account again and login.

Thank you so much! Glad to have you as a member! :bashful:

And on another note, TGL didn't notify me of these. ^ ^'