Looking for... (I'm a code dabbler)

Mortain

So once in a while, I code front end stuff (mostly content for the pages for tremder.) I know basic HTML and such (Bold, underline, links, and image tags) by hand and from memory. However i recently installed a trial version of dreamweaver CS6 or something like that, and i have used, and still sorta rely on Netbeans, however, I LOVE the split screen developing of Dreamweaver.

So my question to the coders here...

Is there a program that is similar to dreamweaver (the split screen developing - code and how it looks screen) for free anywhere or that is under 25$ for the program?

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

BlueGriffon HTML editor has Free and Paid versions. There is a paid addon module named ActiveView that does the dual view Code/WYSIWYG views that you are looking for. I'm not sure how much it would cost but probably less than Adobe Dreamweaver. Also if you choose to use Adobe Dreamweaver consider a monthly subscription to Adobe Creative Suite. It is usually easier to afford than a full purchase. And if you have access to a .edu email address, you can often get a discount on the subscription.