Neopets Turns 18!

Pepper-Head

Can you believe it? The pet site most of us started on and grew up with is now 18!

Despite this milestone, nothing extra special was released so far this week (except for a free NC Mall goodie bag), but they are gearing up for their first plot in years that should happen any day now.

Jumpstart has hired a full time HTML5 developer and have begun revamping the old Flash games behind the scenes in preparation for 2020 when Flash won't be supported anymore, they've added a 5th (6th for Premium users) pet slot, and acknowledged that a new layout is definitely needed.

What are some fond memories you have on Neopets, and what do you hope for in the future?

The internet has ruined me, because when I saw that Neo turned 18, my first thought was:
"So neopets are legal now, heh heh heh, hurr hurr, if you know what I mean..."

The gods have forsaken us.

Joined Neo in 2001, too. My pets are precious to me. They still hold sentimentality.
I love my neopets so much. I love the characters I have made throughout the years.
However, my fondest neopets related memories have mostly actually been offsite.
Sure, the first time I ran to my mum telling her I had a cat... True tearjerking moment.
But the neofriends I made on the Neoboards and on Leopets in 2006 trump everything.
So many years of support, both with my pets and coding, and with genuine friendships.
The community on those two neo fan sites got me through so much hardship in my life.
There were always neofriends I could rely on for help. And so many years of fun and love.
From graduating high school through graduating college, and after... Wonderful support.

On 11/18/2017 at 1:29 AM, Nobody said:

The internet has ruined me, because when I saw that Neo turned 18, my first thought was:
"So neopets are legal now, heh heh heh, hurr hurr, if you know what I mean..."

The gods have forsaken us.

Oh my god so did I...

I joined in 2008 but I keep losing my account, probably have six. I just play it for the chemistry game now and I can’t find my last username either.

I loved the pets at first but really played it for the mini games. It wasn’t my first game and certainly won’t be my last, but it was my first intro to sim type games. I still remember my first pet, a Lupe named something like ShmiSkywalker. He was green. I didn’t realize he was a dude. ? learned about the gender signs that week.