Long Time VPL Member

Bawse

This is a message to the owner. Carlos will never sell his forum community to you, give up on that dream.

I've seen chat's where you're dissing my boy, saying he has a struggling community.

You like to pick on others when they're down?

I've seen him rebuild VirtualPetList several times, and you can bet it'll happen again. Still #1 in google for Virtual Pet Forum!

This seems unnecessarily hostile and immature. It's nice seeing the effort towards rebuilding VPL and I hope it continues but it definitely gives me pause to participate when I see something like this. If this is really a message to the owner, as you put it, then it belongs in a private message. Though it mostly seems like something that is just better left unsaid and just post about the new plans and activities that VPL has going for it now instead. 

On 3/5/2024 at 5:53 PM, Anoua said:

This seems unnecessarily hostile and immature. It's nice seeing the effort towards rebuilding VPL and I hope it continues but it definitely gives me pause to participate when I see something like this. If this is really a message to the owner, as you put it, then it belongs in a private message. Though it mostly seems like something that is just better left unsaid and just post about the new plans and activities that VPL has going for it now instead. 

I did this post to support VPL, and show where my loyalties are at. My comments do not reflect on VPL whatsoover. If you know Carlos, he is very humble, and working his butt off. These forums are dead, the owner hasn't even read the post yet. lol

I'm also a forum owner, unrelated niche. Just helping my friend out.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:22 PM, Bawse said:

I did this post to support VPL, and show where my loyalties are at. My comments do not reflect on VPL whatsoover. If you know Carlos, he is very humble, and working his butt off. These forums are dead, the owner hasn't even read the post yet. lol

I'm also a forum owner, unrelated niche. Just helping my friend out.

Alright, I've thought a bit about what I could respond to this and I think it's only fair that you get a response from someone who is part of the staff here (considering that seems to be what you're wanting, although correct me if I'm wrong though). It appears that you wish to claim that we at TGL are continually trying to obtain VPL from Carlos, that has not been the case for many years now and if you have proof to the contrary then I would love to see it.

Whilst I am all for any community being celebrated by its users, what I am not for is being pitting two different communities working in the same space against each other as if it is some kind of competition - as someone who previously worked alongside Carlos, I completely understand that he worked really hard to achieve impressive statistics that definitely helped VPL with its growth - however I admire your dedication to VPL and the high praise you give it.

Regardless, there are things going on behind the scenes on TGL that you could not possibly be aware of and I ask that you don't come here to cause unnecessary discussion about who is better and so on. This forum is for the interest of Virtual Pet Sites, not for making petty comparisons on who is doing what. Regardless, all I ask is that you let people decide if they want to be on TGL or VPL or both.

This thread will be locked in 24 hours as it serves no distinct purpose.

• judda locked this topic