Magikarp Jump!

Aminirus

Just mainly out of curiosity, but does anyone else play this little treasure of a game?

I saw a friend of mine making posts on it about a week ago and decided to check it out myself... rank 20 and a golden magikarp later... still playing it >.< I don't know, there's something simple and fun and entertaining about it. It's mostly just a time waster, but I find it quite creative and still difficult in it's own way. Though the concept is incredibly simple, the art style is so adorable and the things that can happen I find entertaining at least.

So what about you? Have you played this game? What are your greatest achievements in it so far?

screenshot-hop (1).png

screenshot-hop.png

screenshot-koiking (1).png

screenshot-koiking.png

Yes! Although I've found it is very EA-ified. You can play loads and loads then BOOM the paywall hits and you gotta wait 3 hours or pay some cash now. I would prefer it if i could just watch an advert to play another battle etc >_<

• Like 1

That's true. The only way I avoid the wait time for the battles is just maxing out the level of my magikarp or battling ones I've done before and know their base is so I can guarentee a victory and avoid the wait for losing.

It is a rather simple minded game, not one I would ever put money into... but I don't know. It sorta helps me when I need to take my mind off of something else, then I go poke my magikarps.

I started naming mine after food so now I'm at Lv 28 with Gen 34 karp named Biscuit. 

Normally I don't play such games, but when you're used to quite a few strategy based games or racking your brain on information all day long, playing something that doesn't require brain power can be... refreshing I guess :P Either that or I'm just too easily amused, lol

I am faced with the dilemma of whether to give this one a try or not. I need help deciding if it is worth at least downloading and trying.

Even though it seems a few here have gotten bored, it seems that they enjoyed it for a while. Should I give it a shot?

2 hours ago, Digital said:

I am faced with the dilemma of whether to give this one a try or not. I need help deciding if it is worth at least downloading and trying.

Even though it seems a few here have gotten bored, it seems that they enjoyed it for a while. Should I give it a shot?

I say, go for it!

I'm personally a very picky individual and get bored easily unless a game really 'wow's me!

The game was nice and safe, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it at least a little :)

9 hours ago, Bravefoot said:

I say, go for it!

I'm personally a very picky individual and get bored easily unless a game really 'wow's me!

The game was nice and safe, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it at least a little :)

@Digital, I agree with @Bravefoot. It's definitely worth a shot. The only down side is the limitations. It took me 4 generations of magikarp just to get through 1 league, due to the level cap aaargh.

//everyone complains how simple and stupid this game is

//meanwhile

//force retires at least 3 magikarp, either by pidgeotto or by just retiring it, just to get the level to finish this league

//oh look- there's another league ahead

Screenshot_2017-06-11-07-28-44.png

You guys realize that this game is catered specifically for kids, right?

Edited by jakdacrowe