Book: Ready Player One

Nate

So this book is one of my absolute favourites, when I was reading it I couldn't put it down. 

It it has a unique way of telling it's story, and many of the twists and turns you don't see coming. 

Speilberg is also currently making this this into a movie which is really exciting! (They filmed some of it in Birmingham near me woo). 

Anyone else read read this book, and if yes are you excited for the film adaptation?

• 4 weeks later...

Oh what, they're turning it into a movie? 

I didn't know they were doing that haha - good they're getting Spielgberg to do the directing actually, I don't know if any other director can do the book justice.

I really liked Ready Player One; it was a book my boyfriend recommended me to read and I finished it in a day I think. I love the pop culture references and the style that the book was written. I wasn't a big fan of the last 1/4th of the book because of a deux ex machina-like plot twist, but the book was a great read nonetheless. :)

I read a good part of that book and enjoyed most of it but I didn't actually finish it.  I am not sure if it just lost me or if it was just because I happened to be so busy with irl stuff at the time that it got lost in the shuffle.  I'll probably give it another try at some point.  I thought the premise was interesting, though.

@Onyx if YA is your jam also, there's a book called "warcross" coming out that's apparently being compared to Ready Player One, by a pretty good author (in terms of writing style). I can't wait for that book either haha, it's apparently a story of a bounty hunter that ends up working undercover for a massive global VR game competition. 

It's coming out a couple of months and me thinks I will get a copy of it.

Edited by Cadence