What environments get your artistic or creative talents going?

Digital

Thank you for the ping!
Generally, it's later at night when creativity strikes me. So its usually pretty quiet and secluded at that time A very calming, comfortable, and peaceful environment helps a lot. I always listen to music when I draw as well! I enjoy fast melodies and instrumental music, it keeps my mind busy but still allows me to focus on what I'm working on. 
If I need to draw, like a commission for example, I'll typically sketch some things on a 2000x2000 sheet to warm-up and get some muse before I actually start working on what I need to work on.

• Like 1

Music mostly for me and not music with words, just sound music. Usually something a bit upbeat or with a tempo to it to make me feel like I'm going at a decent pace and flow. Otherwise, if I'm home alone and the birds are singing, I just open the window and get going. 

For me, in order to get in the zone, I have to enjoy what I do and not feel pressured into doing it. I have a whole system worked out as to how to schedule myself and work through things so I can get more "in the zone" moments and less acting like a dog getting distracted by every passing squirrel. My fiance also recently made me a fidget spinner thingy since we have a 3D printer, so whenever I need to think or get back into focus, I can play with that for a couple seconds and I feel my brain gets back into the task at hand. 

• Like 1