Worst usernames you have ever had?

Nate

So I saw this thread by @Digital and thought I would also add a variation for discussion..

What is the /worst/ username(s) you have ever had? At the time you thought it was hip or cool, then looking back years later you're just like "wtf was i thinking".

For me, when I was age 10-12 (internet thought i was 15 haha), my username was "boythatscool". I didnt have any friends online or in real life, so my logic at the time was that if i had a username that told people "that is a boy that is cool", people would be more likely to want to know me... however looking back, im just like "euch omg.".

Anyone else have a username you are ashamed of or regret? lol

• Like 1

I've seen a lot. My friend once had one that was something like: lovewolves123

How boring to be honest >.< Though, the name I switched out for my fiance's world of tanks game... it's kind not good but I laugh. I switched it too: ChickenJiggles.

• Like 1

I used to have some pretty awful names on Neopets like ToriPet1435223. No clue about the numbers at the end but honestly it was probably as long as possible and chosen by the suggestion box. Little me also wanted a blue Lupe named Skater so Skater000101332993113 (you get the picture) was born.

Later on in middle school I liked what few books my school library had of the Dragonriders of Pern series by Anne McCaffrey. In there, a place where dragons lived was called a weyr, so... for a while I was known everywhere as dragonweyrgirl. At least that username wasn't taken anywhere else!

32 minutes ago, Pepper-Head said:

I used to have some pretty awful names on Neopets like ToriPet1435223. No clue about the numbers at the end but honestly it was probably as long as possible and chosen by the suggestion box. Little me also wanted a blue Lupe named Skater so Skater000101332993113 (you get the picture) was born.

Haha, oh the battles to find pets on Neopets where the unique name was not taken to avoid numbers. The struggles were/are real!

On 5/15/2017 at 6:40 PM, Aminirus said:

ChickenJiggles.

What are you talking about? That one is amazing! XD

I've never been good at usernames, but probably my worst were from back when I played Neopets. All of my usernames back then were based on my favorite books and movies. My first Neopets account was called ravenclaw249. Then my mom stole that account (seriously... I let her play once and she took over. Even sent my first pet to the pound without asking because she said it was ugly XD), so I left her to it and made another called buckbeakbrave which was marginally better I guess but still makes me cringe.

I also had an account somewhere around that time (I don't even remember the site) called 'x__hikarudragon__x'. I don't even think hikarudragon was taken... for some reason at the time I thought those extra characters made it look super cool.

• Like 1

I was a total wolf lover (still am, mind you) so my first ever username was 'flavialupo' (basically my name - Flavia - and 'lupo' meaning wolf in Italian)

i didn't give it much thought, and I quite liked it at the time, now when I think of it I'm just like "De heck was wrong with me?"

my current username is not THAT much better but,.... meh, I'll survive ?

58 minutes ago, Bravefoot said:

my current username is not THAT much better but,.... meh, I'll survive ?

I kinda like your current username @Bravefoot. It's not something I haven't seen before, but it is memorable and looks and sounds pleasing, so in my book it's a great username. ^^

In the end it's all really just personal taste anyway.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2017 at 1:37 PM, Sparren said:

What are you talking about? That one is amazing! XD

I've never been good at usernames, but probably my worst were from back when I played Neopets. All of my usernames back then were based on my favorite books and movies. My first Neopets account was called ravenclaw249. Then my mom stole that account (seriously... I let her play once and she took over. Even sent my first pet to the pound without asking because she said it was ugly XD), so I left her to it and made another called buckbeakbrave which was marginally better I guess but still makes me cringe.

I also had an account somewhere around that time (I don't even remember the site) called 'x__hikarudragon__x'. I don't even think hikarudragon was taken... for some reason at the time I thought those extra characters made it look super cool.

Yeah, I suppose it's not all bad, but he hates it and just stared at me like "what is wrong with you" so kinda thought it was terrible but I enjoyed it.

17 hours ago, Sparren said:

I kinda like your current username @Bravefoot. It's not something I haven't seen before, but it is memorable and looks and sounds pleasing, so in my book it's a great username. ^^

In the end it's all really just personal taste anyway.

Thanks a lot! ?

You've seen it before? Damn, I hoped I had snatched this name all to myself XD

I am in all kind of other websites, so hopefully that's just me you've seen with that username around LOL

Anyone ever had a username where they replace some of the letters with numbers or use numbers because their first choice was taken?

For me personally I'm not fond of them. I've always tried to avoid any form of number in my username purely because (now this is my personal opinion - I'm not trying to offend anyone here) I've always felt that I was sacrificing some uniqueness by being "OriginalNameIWanted2

Example of complete replacements too: T34MK1LL3R or d34dp00l

5 hours ago, Nate said:

Anyone ever had a username where they replace some of the letters with numbers or use numbers because their first choice was taken?

For me personally I'm not fond of them. I've always tried to avoid any form of number in my username purely because (now this is my personal opinion - I'm not trying to offend anyone here) I've always felt that I was sacrificing some uniqueness by being "OriginalNameIWanted2

Example of complete replacements too: T34MK1LL3R or d34dp00l

OMG, yessss *CRINGE ALERT*

I had to put 'Brav3foot'  when creating my Deviantart because I'm Bravefoot everywhere and that's how people know me, so I didn't want to change it.

That number 3 in stead of the 'e' has given me endless sleepless nights. *shivers*

My first username on Neopets was shabowcat. XD I named myself after my cat named shadow. And I remember being super surprised that "shadowcat" wasn't already taken, but then I realized I had misspelled the name hahaha. 

Before then, I used to go online by various variations of pokefan haha. 

4 hours ago, Bravefoot said:

OMG, yessss *CRINGE ALERT*

I had to put 'Brav3foot'  when creating my Deviantart because I'm Bravefoot everywhere and that's how people know me, so I didn't want to change it.

That number 3 in stead of the 'e' has given me endless sleepless nights. *shivers*

OMG Yes, I can imagine haha. At least it it just one number and not something like 8r4v3f007 :D:P

1 hour ago, tiff said:

My first username on Neopets was shabowcat. XD I named myself after my cat named shadow. And I remember being super surprised that "shadowcat" wasn't already taken, but then I realized I had misspelled the name hahaha. 

Before then, I used to go online by various variations of pokefan haha. 

Ah, the woes of being young :D shabowcat is pretty cool and unique tbf :P

• 1 month later...

Worst username I had was Learmen4me and it's just great being a  12 year old who is obsessed with the play King Lear. I didn't even finish reading on to Act III because I gave up on trying to understand everything I was reading and just went to Harry Potter instead. 

well I was "spongebobgirl____" on neopets when I was like 11, but the account eventually got frozen.

I also have the neopets account "cweepy" which was like, supposed to be creepy but CUTE AND RANDOM LOL!! unfortunately it's like... my best account and has some of my fav pets on it so I can't abandon it completely. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2017 at 6:50 PM, Zrcalo said:

man. the worst ones I've had were 
"pokefan115"
"bowser_eats_mario"
"exploding_yoshi"

Hehe, either you have a endearing love of Mario, or want to see him die horribly, it's hard to tell :P 

+1 for pokefan115

6 hours ago, Digital said:

Hehe, either you have a endearing love of Mario, or want to see him die horribly, it's hard to tell :P 

+1 for pokefan115

XD when I was a kid I thought it was hilarious that mario would die in the videogames for some reason. and I'd read fanfics on the site "lemmy's land" so.. idk. I liked pokemon and mario dying a horrible death LOL. 

• 4 months later...

I've only one to date, and I don't know whether I say that thankfully or otherwise about that number, but I am definitely still utterly ashamed 10+ years later, that even now as a grown person who can admit heavily embarrassing things, that one username is one I cannot get over (hint: although I blame it on the biology class the day I chose it, in attempt to have a unique one), to the point that I actually had someone ask me why I chose it a couple of years in.

Ignorance is bliss they say, and that was truly so back in the day.