Interesting reads?

Digital

Read any interesting books, articles, blogs? Share them here!

Lately I have been fascinated by a series called the Recluce Sagas by L.E Modesitt Jr. It is a great series, books are relatively easy and quick reads and fantasy based with both elements of scifi and fantasy. What drew me in the realistic use of magic into the stories.

What have you been reading recently?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Digital will have to check out your book rec! I love a good fantasy/sci fi book. 

Sapiens : A brief history of human kind by Yuval Noah Harari was definitely one of the most interesting books I've read. I enjoyed how the author introduced and explained his thesis. I thought it would be a daunting read but it turned out to be pretty interesting. I didn't agree with some of his statements, but he makes a pretty good case. :P

Edited by Cadence

I just finished up Red Rising by Pierce Brown. It took me a couple chapters to really get interested but then it hooked me in. If you happen to like dystopia I'd recommend it. Reminded me of the Hunger Games, but with less focus on romance and more on politics and survival.

Ah... If you don't mind children's books, I do recommend Philip Reeve's "The Hungry City Chronicles" (also known as "Predator Cities").
Consists of 4 books: Mortal Engines, Predator's Gold, Infernal Devices, and A Darkling Plain.

It's set in the far future, during what they call the Traction Era. The world is now a massive, nation-less wasteland and hunting grounds for the Traction Cities: basically an entire city on wheels.
Dystopian future? Check.
Steampunk-like vibe? Check.
Airships and a literal airship-city? HELLA CHECK.
Mad scientist practices? SIGN ME THE FUDGE UP.

... If it wasn't obvious enough, this is my absolute favorite book series.
It actually hurts me to know not many people even know about this series.

On 4/4/2017 at 3:51 AM, Sparren said:

I just finished up Red Rising by Pierce Brown. It took me a couple chapters to really get interested but then it hooked me in. If you happen to like dystopia I'd recommend it. Reminded me of the Hunger Games, but with less focus on romance and more on politics and survival.

I'll have to check it out, I love dystopian worlds. 

4 hours ago, jakdacrowe said:

Dystopian future? Check.
Steampunk-like vibe? Check.
Airships and a literal airship-city? HELLA CHECK.
Mad scientist practices? SIGN ME THE FUDGE UP.

This cracked me up XD 

Currently reading Carve the Mark, the new book from the writer of the Divergent series. I just finished Chapter 3 and it's okay so far. It's very foreign feeling and not all the characters have been fully introduced so I'm still kind of waiting for the big hook. I'll update anyone interested when I've finished the book. :) I imagine it'll be another series.