A New Challenger Approaches: General Designer (Character/Environment/Item) for Hire!

hello.png.c8e838f31fa3e0daeb1f26149c82368d.png

Hiya!~

I’m a digital character and environment artist hoping to find some work doing what I love, creating creatures and the worlds around them! I’m very interested in the art of world building and take a lot of inspiration from worlds like Avatar the Last Airbender, Pokemon, and Zootopia. I enjoy streaming and entertaining others with my art!

I have a lot of experience doing freelance and commission work and have worked in the toy industry in the past. As far as pet sites, I had a skin chosen for the Flameforge Festival on Flight Rising  (idk if that's worth bragging about but hey, it's something!) and have done some writing drafts for an upcoming pet site called Saylua. I’m reasonably familiar with pet sites in general and would love to get involved with all the work that goes in bringing them to life!

My main focus is on world building and concept art. I can adjust my drawing style to fit your needs and can mimic most styles. I am able to work from both written and visual reference and can either work from scratch or paint over existing art to create things such as outfits. Whatever you need me to do, I'm game!

conceptart.png.ba77d90d2b4204d6fe84ddab113ce343.png

A lot of my concept art work comes from my own personal world building project. I'm working on creating a world from the ground up in pages that I hope to someday print if it becomes popular enough.

jedoaexample.jpg.f1839e09c0538ddd987b3958eb94fcc6.jpg

I've uploaded my progress so far to a googledrive for people to view. Check out the full resolution and the rest of the pages HERE!

---

I can do both character design and environment work. Here's a few examples I think may be relevant:

Spoiler

veiascityexample.jpg.e0fbb16cd5eda59acb8f7fae5aa1d225.jpg

talchik.jpg.1e66e03c8f3289887a962febb4ed37a9.jpg

steve-2018turnaround_2.jpg.100ced62cd264907c9b2e4e485f6685e.jpg

portfolio.png.9ee044881fab7adede3dfd9a0ba3a5d2.png

Those are just a few examples of work I thought would be relevant. My entire portfolio can be found here: https://www.theartsyaxolotl.com/

I can also be found on Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram!

Pricing: I typically base my pricing on the complexity and time consumption of the work. I am perfectly open to working with you on pricing! But just as a starting point, here’s some ballparks of what to expect:

Characters/Creatures (sketch): $10-$40

Characters/Creatures (full art): $40-80

Environments (sketch): $20-$50

Environments (full art): Starts at $40

I am also able to edit or recolor existing art to create new genes or variations and create icons for things like inventory or shop layouts! Icons and general site graphics could be done for a bulk price since they’re small.

thanks.png.e4c9a1ba63d83ccc8a21d9572ccde4ad.png

If you have any interest in hiring me, please don't hesitate to contact me! I am most easily reached at my email, [email protected]. I look forward to speaking with you! Thanks!

Edited by ArtsyAxolotl
Edited to add pricing estimates following the discussion with Dracula
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dracula said:

Very lovely concept work! Do you have a general ballpark for stuff like designing cities/towns or just general background sketching?

Hi there! First of all thank you! I’m glad you like my work!

The price for those things would differ based on the level of complexity, of course, but I can try to give you a range! I’d probably start sketches at $20 and go up to  around $50. If you wanted finished art, those would probably be in the $40-$90+ range. Again this is just a ballpark based on how long it takes me to do environments. I could be flexible! I hope that helps?

• 4 weeks later...

I commissioned Artsy from this post, the experience couldn't have been better! the art was amazing, after just a bit of describing what I wanted she perfectly captured what I wanted and then some! She worked fast and did a great job. The prices are great and more than worth it for the quality and what a great person she was to work with ❤️ 

• 9 months later...