Seeking backender who can help with server installation, maybe more

Deloryan

Hey guys,

I've made a new server for Horse Reality at the beginning of March. I've installed php, apache and that stuff, but I'm really not that good at it and could really use some help. Normally I'd ask my boyfriend who is a full-stack developer, but he grew rather tired of helping me with Horse Reality :') 

Which is why I'm reaching out here. And actually need help with that ASAP. I'm looking for someone who has done this more often and is trustworthy. If this works out, I'll probably ask your help more often for updating and such.

We've got a CentOS 7.4 x64 server from Digital Ocean btw. I followed their install guide, but I'm not completely sure if I've done it properly. I want to get this server ready as the "base" for all following servers. There is some kind of "cloning" option on Digital Ocean, so I want to use that so I/we can easily get the next servers ready. This server will become the Dutch server for HR and I'll need 2 more, 1 for testing and 1 for the international version.

Things I still need to get done:

• install GD for images
  • not sure if I did the whole SSH thing correctly
  • get PHP to 5.6 instead of 5.4 (tried it multiple times, but it's still on 5.4 according to the phpinfo file. Also, I need to update my code first in order for it to work with PHP 7+ I'm still working on that)
  • install something like DirectAdmin or Cpanel (my old server has direct admin)
  • Make sure the server is safe
  • If this server is done and works fine, it'll be the Dutch server for HR, then we need to clone 2 other ones.
  • Get the GIT repo working so that if I commit/push something, it automatically goes to the testing server.
    If the code is working like it should on the testing server, be able to push it to LIVE somewhere (i.e. something like Beanstalk or just from the terminal).
  • Move the current websites to the new server(s).

More might come up, this is just off the top of my head. I also might need help later on as I want to cache all images from HR, the how and where is something where I could need help with. But atm we retrieve all images every time, rather than cache them, which uses a lot of data on our servers' end. 

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to your replies and proposals.

Please note: from April 28th until May 18th, I'll be on a holiday in Japan. I'm hoping to get it all ready before then, but if that's not possible we just have to postpone it. 

1 hour ago, Deloryan said:

Hey guys,

I've made a new server for Horse Reality at the beginning of March. I've installed php, apache and that stuff, but I'm really not that good at it and could really use some help. Normally I'd ask my boyfriend who is a full-stack developer, but he grew rather tired of helping me with Horse Reality :') 

Which is why I'm reaching out here. And actually need help with that ASAP. I'm looking for someone who has done this more often and is trustworthy. If this works out, I'll probably ask your help more often for updating and such.

We've got a CentOS 7.4 x64 server from Digital Ocean btw. I followed their install guide, but I'm not completely sure if I've done it properly. I want to get this server ready as the "base" for all following servers. There is some kind of "cloning" option on Digital Ocean, so I want to use that so I/we can easily get the next servers ready. This server will become the Dutch server for HR and I'll need 2 more, 1 for testing and 1 for the international version.

Things I still need to get done:

• install GD for images
  • not sure if I did the whole SSH thing correctly
  • get PHP to 5.6 instead of 5.4 (tried it multiple times, but it's still on 5.4 according to the phpinfo file. Also, I need to update my code first in order for it to work with PHP 7+ I'm still working on that)
  • install something like DirectAdmin or Cpanel (my old server has direct admin)
  • Make sure the server is safe
  • If this server is done and works fine, it'll be the Dutch server for HR, then we need to clone 2 other ones.
  • Get the GIT repo working so that if I commit/push something, it automatically goes to the testing server.
    If the code is working like it should on the testing server, be able to push it to LIVE somewhere (i.e. something like Beanstalk or just from the terminal).
  • Move the current websites to the new server(s).

More might come up, this is just off the top of my head. I also might need help later on as I want to cache all images from HR, the how and where is something where I could need help with. But atm we retrieve all images every time, rather than cache them, which uses a lot of data on our servers' end. 

Thanks a lot! I'm looking forward to your replies and proposals.

Please note: from April 28th until May 18th, I'll be on a holiday in Japan. I'm hoping to get it all ready before then, but if that's not possible we just have to postpone it. 

Hi. I can offer setup or continued server management and maintenance. This is my day to day job. I specialize and recomend DirectAdmin and can provide a Code 500 (VPS) license for $5/month if you do not have one. Once you have DA installed it will handle php and everything else for you. I can setup a migration path from PHP 5 to PHP 7 as well as secure the server (firewall, temp dir, suhosin, WAF, upload scanning, etc) as needed and can help you expand as needed using my global footprint or by using your existing infrastrucure as needed/wanted. For references I have worked extensively with @judda and Misticpets. If you are interested send me a PM and we will talk more about you individual wants and requirements and put something togethere tailored just for you.

Please forgive the Typos. I am replying from my phone at my son's first T Ball game (game is over).

Edited by GeekGirl

@GeekGirl Could you send me a quote for how much it'd be to setup our new server with the things I've already mentioned? I have a lifetime license for DirectAdmin, which is used on my current server. But once everything is setup, transferred and done, I won't need the old server anymore. I'm not sure if you could use the same license for that, as the old server needs to stay up before we can do the move.

On 4/8/2018 at 1:06 PM, Deloryan said:

@GeekGirl Could you send me a quote for how much it'd be to setup our new server with the things I've already mentioned? I have a lifetime license for DirectAdmin, which is used on my current server. But once everything is setup, transferred and done, I won't need the old server anymore. I'm not sure if you could use the same license for that, as the old server needs to stay up before we can do the move.

Sorry it took me a couple days to reply, but I've been busy with other peoples servers, including a customer hosting on Google Cloud (what a mess that is). I  replied via PM. Let me know if you need more details.

-GeekGirl