What cool things can we see in your games in 2018?

Digital

I plan to get Wild Souls into it's closed alpha phase in the 1st quarter of the year, and hopefully get Foodbabs to beta by the 3rd-4th. I feel like I have enough experience to work more efficiently now than I did 4 years ago, not to mention that I'll finally be able to work on them full-time when I graduate this summer.

I will say my goal is to continue to get the bugs out of Felisfire. We have a mission to get the game fully released to the public this year but there is still a ton of work that needs to be done. A lot of art needs to be drawn or re-done as well as working on the events we have. I have to say I’m so glad I have a great team with me working on everything from the programmers to the moderators. The players really show their support which of course without them, there would be no game.

We have similar plans for Leporidae. My main concern right now is bug fixes, making the game more accessible to newbies, and preparing it to be a more finished game. We need to finish transitioning all of the breeds to the new layer system and adding Guinnea pig art.

Edited by Hare

6 minutes ago, Nate said:

Definitely going to be launching The Lost Fable in 2018. Development has come really far since I stepped back from TGL back in May, but it's going to be worth it :) 

We've been going through withdrawls man, it better be worth it! :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

My goal is to add more events, features such has hidden areas to discover while exploring, and of course lots of art to my text based RPG Dragon Lord.  While being text based means that art is not necessary, as an artist, I want it to be there.  I want to give the game a unique, sketch book like feel and not have perfect cookie cutter type images.  I want players to feel like they have stepped into a story from an old book.  I think games with non-typical art could be a unique approach to gaming.  Games like the platformer Limbo have proven this.

I think some other goals I have are to work on my branding.  I'm not very good at marketing or branding, and it has taken me some time to figure out what exactly will make my game appealing to those who land on the home page.  That is not easy for me.  I'm not sure I've quite got the knack yet, and I don't know when it will feel just right.

I am pleasantly surprised by how many registered accounts I've picked up since open beta, and that there are players actively logging in every day and playing.  That tells me I've made something that works.  I want to add so much more, but there's only so much time in a day.  

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2018 at 2:11 PM, Dinocanid said:

I plan to get Wild Souls into it's closed alpha phase in the 1st quarter of the year, and hopefully get Foodbabs to beta by the 3rd-4th.

How are you doing making progress on Wild Souls?

On 1/6/2018 at 1:04 PM, Kesstryl said:

My goal is to add more events, features such has hidden areas to discover while exploring, and of course lots of art to my text based RPG Dragon Lord. 

I have been loosely following along, your game looks really good, and I cannot wait to hear more as new stuff comes out!

On 1/10/2018 at 7:38 PM, KingofCrows said:

My hope is to move far enough in development that I can actually start advertising lol. It's a lot of work to go, but a lot can be done in a year (hopefully more than in the past 3 years...). 

Remember, it is the small things you do that add up to the big accomplishments.

On 1/10/2018 at 7:48 PM, Boltgreywing said:

Mine I hope to have my revamped site up and running in june/july time frame.

Awesome, we cannot wait to hear more about it when it is up!

15 hours ago, Digital said:

How are you doing making progress on Wild Souls?

(This reply was late, sorry >_<)

I haven't worked on it in the past few weeks, since some other stuff came up, but the last thing I was working on was implementing the relationship system and working on how I wanted genetics to work. I decided to divide base colors into groups, so the pup has a chance of either inheriting a base color from the parents or a color from the same color group. (IE: If one parent has white fur and another has black fur, they could produce a pup with black, grey, dark grey, white, off-white, etc.) For the markings, I basically take all of the markings from the parents and put them in an array along with a "blank", then it randomly selects one marking for each of the 4 slots. This was one litter I generated:
vl_litter1_by_hoafan-dc42qax.png

I didn't finish the relationship system yet, but I was able to make it where you can become mates with an NPC if your relationships points with them is over 100, or you can become enemies if your relationship points are negative.

I did more work on the site's layout, even though it's still kind of ugly and boring:
4745433197576192.png?k=IGKRsyavISW1LhH3z

I also started working on things for the player to do, like exploring and hunting, but I wanted to have something more concrete before making a devlog about it or anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Our single programmer is working as quickly as possible to get all features updated and working as well as adding to them. 

Don't forget, if you already have a Familiar yet still see "First Familiar" on your navigation bar... consider resetting so you can retake First Familiar. This will be the only way for you to get a Familiar with a characteristic and skill. Our developer has not been able to get back on to work her magic lately, but she plans to next focus on item features, familiar interaction (characteristic will come into play here!), familiar elements, and Wandering!!!

• 1 month later...

Hopefully a lot. :)

For Animal Acres have a major goals system update that has been in the works for a while and is really close to being done now. Still some to finish adding, finish testing, and reward balancing to finish up. But I am pretty excited to finally get that released. 

For Eliyo I have a lot planned as far as content updates and more art which is definitely needed. Eliyo being still in beta there is a lot planned for it still that I want to add. The past couple weeks I have really been working to finalize some details so I can get the necessary art filled in for everything. I plan to make it a lot more explorable, and just adding some more things to do besides battling and breeding as well. 

Stay tuned!