What artistic or creative goals are you going to accomplish in 2018?

Digital

I have so many unfinished projects. Currently writing some trash Fanfics to chill my Overwatch obsession and I've got too many things piled up as far as personal art. I feel like all I ever work on anymore is projects for other people. -sigh- I suppose I'd like to work on getting myself a tablet with an interactive screen, getting my spare room cleaned up so I can make it into a workspace for traditional projects, work on my water color skills, work on my crochet and perhaps work on my digital painting skills. 

But I'll probably remain trash and just eat chips and watch Ghost Adventures with my girlfriend instead. Lol

1 hour ago, atomicdrawls said:

I have so many unfinished projects. Currently writing some trash Fanfics to chill my Overwatch obsession and I've got too many things piled up as far as personal art. I feel like all I ever work on anymore is projects for other people. -sigh- I suppose I'd like to work on getting myself a tablet with an interactive screen, getting my spare room cleaned up so I can make it into a workspace for traditional projects, work on my water color skills, work on my crochet and perhaps work on my digital painting skills. 

But I'll probably remain trash and just eat chips and watch Ghost Adventures with my girlfriend instead. Lol

OMG, story of my life! I keep telling myself  “I’ll do this, and then I’ll do that” but I laways end up lazying up in bed mentally bone-tired and other things blocking me XD

PS: gotta love Ghost Adventures though ?

Be more active art wise (commission or not).

I kinda made a year's worth of weekly schedule, just for art commissions. I partially feel bad that some people may be waiting for a long time, but so far I don't have any cancellations.

I may consider getting into working on clay scuplts. Just for fun.

And working on some little projects.

On 1/4/2018 at 6:15 PM, Bravefoot said:

OMG, story of my life! I keep telling myself  “I’ll do this, and then I’ll do that” but I laways end up lazying up in bed mentally bone-tired and other things blocking me XD

PS: gotta love Ghost Adventures though ?

Haha, yep. Watching it right now with my girlfriend as I type. Love those fricking dorks. It's totally my guilty pleasure show.

I've got problems managing my time, mainly because I work 40+ hours a week, most days either 8-12 hour shifts, and once I'm home I can barely motivate myself to take my bra off, let alone sit down for a few hours worth or more work. Lol Though my days off mostly consist of making up for all the time I feel like I've lost.

Edited by atomicdrawls

I think my artistic goals this year is getting better at anatomy, using markers (I got a set of copic markers recently and love using them), and being more active with promoting my work. Professionally I'm trying to land a good gig related to branding design, so I can support my partner when we move out together this summer. :)

I have also been trying to finish a lot of my 2017 projects, and got my butt off to make a portfolio so that I can apply for agency jobs and maybe go back to design school haha.

I've dicked around in 2017 after graduating from university, trying to figure what I want to do professionally since my field is non existent right now due to the current political climate... Soooo, design it is!

This year I want to finally get some merchandise(art prints, charms, etc.) made and possibly start a Patreon once I know I can keep to a schedule. I also want to post time lapse videos more often on Youtube. I plan on launching my portfolio website soon, after finalizing some design things.

As for art goals, I need to start drawing more than portraits and continue my figure studies I began last year. I'd like to do more embroidery and traditional medium work, but need to make room somewhere in the house to do that :P

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2018 at 1:31 PM, Bravefoot said:

You got it right with looking to get some last year’s projects done!

currently planning to finish some items (mainly the starter ones that I will include in my own game) as well as some NPCs and backgrounds :D

What type of items? How have your goals been going so far?

On 1/4/2018 at 2:50 PM, atomicdrawls said:

Nooo! More goal-chasing, less chips. Well, more goal-chasing while eating chips. You can balance it!

On 1/4/2018 at 10:43 PM, jakdacrowe said:

I kinda made a year's worth of weekly schedule, just for art commissions. I partially feel bad that some people may be waiting for a long time, but so far I don't have any cancellations.

How is your schedule working out for you so far this year?

On 1/10/2018 at 1:11 PM, Cadence said:

I think my artistic goals this year is getting better at anatomy, using markers (I got a set of copic markers recently and love using them), and being more active with promoting my work.

I struggle with anatomy as well in what I do draw (which is little to be honest.) It seems like one of those specific artistic skills that really is constant improvement.

On 1/10/2018 at 5:20 PM, Morgan said:

As for art goals, I need to start drawing more than portraits and continue my figure studies I began last year. I'd like to do more embroidery and traditional medium work, but need to make room somewhere in the house to do that :P

How have your goals been going so far?

12 hours ago, Digital said:

How is your schedule working out for you so far this year?

... Ridiculously well.
I've been posting art once every two weeks.

It's more like... I have a set time frame for everything.
Like, if I finish a commission a few days in advance, I have time to myself to take a breather before I "have" to work on next week.