Email list cleaning services

Vix

Hello TGL community!

I recently ran into some troubles importing my member user list from the first version of Marvel Horse (now Celestial Equine) into MailChimp. This list contains over 11,000 emails, all of which had registered as a member on Marvel Horse back when it was open. Unfortunately, there are quite a few "fake" email addresses on the list, so MailChimp was NOT happy about it. I was actually promoted to send a re-confirmation email for the newsletter list.

Have any of you used a list cleaning service? I am not confident that a re-confirmation campaign is very beneficial. What have you all used to re-capture old members? I do feel like this is a legitimate list to use being that they have agreed to emails when registering on Marvel Horse.

Thanks in advance for the input!

My work requires regular email verification and cleaning of hundreds of thousands of email addresses.

I'm a big fan of FullContact. It'd developer friendly. You can use it for email validation to help clean your list. Neverbounce is good too. Usually what you have to look out for is pricing but since you are only dealing with 11,000 emails that really shouldn't been an issue with most providers you look at.

Edited by Patrick

10 hours ago, Patrick said:

My work requires regular email verification and cleaning of hundreds of thousands of email addresses.

I'm a big fan of FullContact. It'd developer friendly. You can use it for email validation to help clean your list. Neverbounce is good too. Usually what you have to look out for is pricing but since you are only dealing with 11,000 emails that really shouldn't been an issue with most providers you look at.

Thanks for the input, great suggestions!

• 4 months later...