What can we work on more?

Digital

I think what would help most is getting more members. It's unfortunate that VPL is stil closed down, as it would make it much easier to contact the users over there and inform them of this alternative. :/

But #1 would be completely solved with more members, and #2 can happen more over time. (Contests and rewards aren't really fun if there isn't anyone participating.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kami said:

I think what would help most is getting more members. It's unfortunate that VPL is stil closed down, as it would make it much easier to contact the users over there and inform them of this alternative. :/

But #1 would be completely solved with more members, and #2 can happen more over time. (Contests and rewards aren't really fun if there isn't anyone participating.)

Very true, I have reached out to all that I could find so far, but have been limited by the site and community being down.

Perhaps consider advertising campaigns? I know FR brought in quite a few members to VPL, could be a good place to start, working with them. (Having topics on FR might also help this forum show up in Google searches.) Utilizing social media pages could help too. I know Tumblr was a place to go for a lot of pet site users.

I agree that I think more members is the best thing for TGL right now. It's off to a really good start! 

Unfortunately my Facebook is the wrong demograph (though I did post there and there are a few people I know) and I don't have a Twitter. I managed to refer 1 person, but it'll be great if we can get some more folks to join. 

Advertising and keeping the forum active should help.

Kami makes a good point. The number one thing this site needs is more members. Second would be more posting and discussions about game development. But I think the activity here is really good for the amount of members TGL currently has. 

When there are more members, I think contests or rewards of some sort for posting (like TGL has been offering) would be great in encouraging people to get involved.

Any reason for people interested in games to choose this forum over others will help us grow. I think the adoptables and current contests are a step in the right direction. 

Advertising campaigning is fundamental to our growth now that we already have a small active community and is something both I and @Digital are working on as we speak.

I am also going to look into contacting game owners of a variety of games as well as blog owners to see about promoting us somewhat or at least offering us content.

As for VPL, it has had a massive hit in terms of reputation of which I highly doubt it's going to come back from and as much as that's a shame, the second it's live again we will be snapping their members up in a heartbeat. I feel somewhat bad as working for that site too, but it is so incredibly poorly managed it never will stand a chance when direct competition is significantly more stable and generically advanced. *cough* TGL *cough*

The best thing you as members can do at this stage is dragging all your friends down here! Members of games you know or real life people it doesn't matter - snowballing is an awesome way for small businesses' to grow.

On 3/27/2017 at 0:37 PM, Hare said:

I agree that I think more members is the best thing for TGL right now. It's off to a really good start! 

On 3/27/2017 at 10:02 AM, kami said:

On 3/27/2017 at 2:11 PM, SingSong said:

Kami makes a good point. The number one thing this site needs is more members. Second would be more posting and discussions about game development. But I think the activity here is really good for the amount of members TGL currently has. 

Now that we have some more members, I want to invite everyone to provide some input on what you think we could be doing more of.