Dragon Ruhtel

DeviousAngel

This is a dragon breeding game as well as an adventure game.

It allows you to collect familiars as well as items for crafting.

There are different levels and rarities that you can find throughout the game.

There are various markings and mutations that can be found as well.

I am currently looking for some coders that can help me

Arcane Ruhtel.png

Air Ruhtel.png

View full game

That bottom design looks like a trace of Chicken Smoothie's Eastern dragon lineart with a couple edits (Horns, scale bumps on stomach, etc.)? I would really recommend to remove that so you can continue with your site without any copyright claims or lawsuits. Stuff like that can get your site shut down, and I think your site has potential so it would be sad to see it forced out of development. :)

Original lineart from CS is on top, and overlay of the bottom dragon's lineart with CS's dragon lineart is on the bottom.

Original.jpg

3928.png

Edited by Pear
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SingSong said:

@Pear Holy cow. Thanks for posting that. x_x

No problem. c: I just want people to succeed, but it's impossible to do so if the art is traced because the artist could lose their credibility. I hope that I said it in more of a constructive way, and not in a rude way..haha

Edited by Pear
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Pear said:

No problem. c: I just want people to succeed, but it's impossible to do so if the art is traced because the artist could lose their credibility. I hope that I said it in more of a constructive way, and not in a rude way..haha

Not rude at all. Games do need to have unique art, and if @DeviousAngel is looking for coders (most likely unpaid partners), they'll want to see original artwork as well.

I am still going through and making edits to the designs that are being used. I have been working on this for near three years now. The dragon above is my own design though some more edits will be used to make it nothing like the one listed above that. Art isnt something that can be rushed and I am the only one working on it.

2 minutes ago, DeviousAngel said:

I am still going through and making edits to the designs that are being used. I have been working on this for near three years now. The dragon above is my own design though some more edits will be used to make it nothing like the one listed above that. Art isnt something that can be rushed and I am the only one working on it.

Editing a previously traced lineart still is an awful practice that you should definitely stray away from. You won't improve if you don't branch away from that. ^-^ The dragon above the one I pointed out is not traced, but the one I pointed out is. I understand that art cannot be rushed, as I am an artist myself, but that still doesn't mean you can take a shortcut by tracing someone else's work and just editing it to make it look "original". I completely understand working on a project completely alone, as that is what I am also doing, but I promise that looking at references and such will help sooo much better than tracing. ^-^ <3 But I think that you're definitely capable of drawing your own things, as evidenced by the first adorable dragon on your post. I hope what I'm saying is clear..haha I'm a little sick so my brain's all over the place. x')

• Like 1

you see the only one that I dont have a decent base for is the adolescent female. I like the position that she is currently in but I have to make it like there was no base design you know? The first image is the adult female. I have the lines for the baby male and female as well as the base for the adolescent male and adult male. the adolescent  female one it seems is the one that I have to make the most changes on. Below are the lines of the

[1] Adolescent Male Ruhtel.png

[1] Female Ruhtel Hatchling.png

[1] Male Ruhtel Hatcling.png

2 minutes ago, DeviousAngel said:

No I am going to make editions to the adolescent female which is what I am in the middle of doing now. As I mentioned before I like the position she is in I just need to make it my own if you get my meaning.

I think I may understand. :3 Using the same pose is fine, as long as you draw it yourself without tracing I think it'll come out looking great! c: Good luck! :D

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hate to be a downer buuttt [1] Adolescent Male Ruhtel.png is indeed traced, i only know since i used the lined  its edited from.

Free lineart: Eastern dragon

Which makes me think the others may indeed be traced as well ^.^;I had been considering this game to play however due to the tracing i no longer am.

On 9/16/2017 at 5:52 PM, DeviousAngel said:

[1.5] Male Adult Ruhtel.png

[1.5] Female Adult Ruhtel.png

Your first dragon looks an awful lot like the one found on this site http://forestofmirrors.x10.mx/levelup/click/YLj3b

You are clearly drawing or tracing from other people's art work, and this is not only going to turn people off from playing your game, but it could get you sued by the original artists and copyright holders.  The worst part about this is when you are called out on this, you are still claiming the art as your own, and that's even worse than the original copying because you are not willing to take correction over it.  To top it off, even after claiming to make edits that are your own, your art is still being found to have been copied from other sites, and all this is doing is to discredit yourself even more.  

I'm going to assume you are young and don't know much about copyright law and infringement, but take it from those of us who do - you are treading into territory you don't want to tread into.  Learn to make your own poses and your own art.  You can't use someone else's art, and copy your own line art over it.  Too many of us probably play the same games you do, and visit the same art sites you do, and you will be found out.  Even worse, a copyright owner of an infringed artwork just might come after you, and then you will wish you had listened to us.  

Be smart, stop lying about where the art is coming from, and take our advice with your own best interest in mind.  You don't want to get sued, and you don't want a community of pet game players to blacklist your site for art infringement.  I know it's hard to make art, but you will thank yourself for pushing yourself to work harder and make your own stuff, and you will be more proud of it.

Edited by Kesstryl