Keeping info between user-based teams?

Dinocanid

For Wild Souls, users are usually placed in a random npc-driven pack upon signing up unless they use a referral code to join their friends or the like. Otherwise, different users can end up in the same pack and will have to work together to some extent. Whether or not two packs are allies or enemies can vary, but what about sharing pack information? There will be a forum where users can discuss things, but I want some way to discourage users from sharing info about moves their pack has made during their "turns". It wouldn't be against the rules, but openly sharing this with others could put them at a disadvantage.; sort of like showing another person your cards during a card game. I feel like this could pose a problem once the userbase gets big enough, like trolls who just like to sabotage or newbies who just don't know any better.

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2017 at 7:50 PM, Dinocanid said:

Whether or not two packs are allies or enemies can vary, but what about sharing pack information?

I would say the answer lies here. If two packs are allies, then you can share such information. If they are enemies, then no information gets shared. I think most users should catch on to this relatively quickly.

On 8/27/2017 at 7:50 PM, Dinocanid said:

I want some way to discourage users from sharing info about moves their pack has made during their "turns". It wouldn't be against the rules, but openly sharing this with others could put them at a disadvantage.; sort of like showing another person your cards during a card game. I feel like this could pose a problem once the userbase gets big enough, like trolls who just like to sabotage or newbies who just don't know any better.

I think this is more of a culture things for the site, how your forums present themselves, having helpful rules and guidelines to point out the potential of upsetting your pack if were to sabotage or otherwise share something that could be harmful. This is where I think appropriate social engineering comes in, and maybe a little moderation.