My mysidia addons/mods are now on wordpress!

Dinocanid

16 minutes ago, Kesstryl said:

This is very cool!  Did you ever follow up with HOF about the Mysidia forums not working?

He sent me another message yesterday, saying that there are some abandoned sites on the server being flooded with spambots; so he's getting rid of those to see if it makes things better (He also doubts it's the result of a DDOS/DOS attack). Sadly for me, it seems to have made things worse somehow. I used to be able to connect 1-2 times a day without a proxy, but now I can't connect at all without a proxy. Even then, it's becoming spotty there too. With Hide.me, the USA and Netherlands options rarely connect to it anymore, while Germany seems to work okay for now.

Edited by Dinocanid

2 minutes ago, Kesstryl said:

Is this only effecting the forums or are the games being hosted also being effected?

It's affecting the games too (basically anything hosted with mysidiahost, including the site to download the script itself). That's why I had to move my site to x10host; luckily HOF was nice enough to send me a backup of my site so I could move.

He's going to lose his community and any business surrounding that community if he doesn't fix this.  I'm not sure if spambots can be responsible for the kind of lag this is producing.  He needs to implement a security update to the existing script too for the script so spam bots can't get in on abandoned sites like this when future members use his site to run their games.  I still wouldn't rule out a denial of service attack.  It sucks too because Mysidia is the ONLY active community around a pet game script that exists.    

I agree. I can see just from the forums that activity has taken a huge hit from this; no doubt that the amount of people using the hosting dropped too. I can imagine the newer members who were building a site right before the perpetual downtime hit; and it blocks potential future members too, since they can't even download the script at all unless they know to use a proxy, but most people will just assume that the site's not there anymore.

4 hours ago, Dinocanid said:

Update: I added a lot more of my old scripts to the site. A few have been updated, so if you previously used the bank or raffle mod, I recommend re-installing it with the new code since it's cleaner/fixes potential bugs.

Looking through them, they are all great additions! Thanks for sharing @Dinocanid

45 minutes ago, KingofCrows said:

Thank you for sharing, Dinocanid! It is a pity to see that the entire mysidia host/server is down :( 

Actually...It's back up now! HOF solved the server issue yesterday or the day before. It had an issue of a low user threshold and it auto-banned IPs that went over the max amount of users or something. If you still can't access it, you IP is probably still blocked. I can pm HOF about it for you if you want or you can use an online proxy and pm him yourself.

1 minute ago, KingofCrows said:

Oh, great! I am not yet able to access it, so if you do have spare time I would greatly appreciate it if you'd be able to ask him! I went over your wee mod collection, it is lovely! Though I did leave some questions for you lol

I'll go ahead and send a pm for you. I replied to your question too, but it took me a minute to see since I didn't know they had to be approved first lol.