Non-game Related Code Question

Hare

Hello!

I have a question about code that is not related to games. I need to create an online pedigree-maker that can render printable pedigrees. Something like the one shown below, except with the information filled out (the information will come from the user's animal records stored in a MySQL database).  I want users to be able to edit the background and add a logo image.

I would also really like to be able to let the user apply an image that is created with imagemagick (not the background, but a smaller image).

I need to learn whatever kind of code/laguage is needed for this, but I just don't know what that is/where to start. Is it some kind of Ajax? Is there a special name for the kind of thing I'm trying to do? I know PHP currently. I tried doing this with imagemagick, but it didn't seem to handle large files very well, so I'm not sure if that is the right tool for it or not.

pedyellowmoon.png

Edited by Hare

You dont need anything special to do that. Stylized divs with css can create those boxes. And you can insert an image wherever you need to.   Making the lines (with added text from db) might be a little awkward, but not hard.

Here is a link that tells you how to make your css printable.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/8994403/how-to-make-printable-version-of-a-webpage

Edited by juliet
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, juliet said:

You dont need anything special to do that. Stylized divs with css can create those boxes. And you can insert an image wherever you need to.   Making the lines (with added text from db) might be a little awkward, but not hard.

Oooh, wow. That went right over my head lmao. Might have been overthinking this. You're right... I can make simple divs and whatnot paper-sized for printing.

Edited by Hare