The 30 day virtual pet game challenge

I am challenging myself, and well, everyone else also to play a vps or sim daily for 30 days. The amount of time is up to you, but the idea is to log in and do something everyday for 30 days. You can switch games up, play one game one day, then do another the next. Once you have done your playing, you just reply here with a simple little log of what you did, and how you felt about it.

Your log does not have to be in-depth or deep. It just has to be a quick note of how you felt doing what you did. Did you like how what you did worked, yes or no. It isn't really a critique or deep dive in correcting it, so much as just being aware of the experience. If you spent more time on the log then playing, try playing more, and less time on the log.

The main goal is playing. :D 

This starts on June 8th, and ends July 7th. Let's have some fun with this!

@Anoua log for 6/8

Game Log 6/8/2017

Wajas,Logged onto wajas, checked notifications and news. Got a sale. Put up some past breedings up for sale and made a new group to get rid of ugly babies to the obsessed wajas fan. Wish there was an easier way to get rid of ugly babies, also would like them to just be completey removed from the system. Also did a few more breedings for my rooster wajas, which was an event that has probably passed, but since I spent money on them, decided to go ahead and continue the project. The site is slow. Longed back in to do the daily pear game which I forgot to do earlier.

Eliyo,My own game, but decided to make a new account to play through the experience since it has been a while. Started a new one, picked my elon and did some battling. Earned some currency and items. Fed my elon with the earned currency, and grabbed some toys from the toy shop taking my new Zorvic from Insane to Excited. And of course ran into some things I want to correct as well which I'll probably look into.

6/8/17 Game Log:

Novilar

Registered and got setup, loved the whole walking through the creation of the avatar and pet and story! Just fiddled around and liked how it flowed overall. Definitely looking forward to see professions and do more exploring later on.

Neopets

Logged on after not logging on for a while, fed my dying pet, and collected bank interest and re-acquainted myself with my account, it's been a while!

6/8/17 - It looks like I did a lot, but I only spent a little over an hour! P:

Neopets
Played in the Altador cup for a little bit, but I've gotta be careful not to get too distracted by the Skinner Box :P It ate away at my summer last year when I got to Rank 11. Only just leveled to 1, so I may shoot for about 5 or 6 this year.

Pokefarm
Did my quick dailies here as usual. Finally filled the Alolan dex to the point where I can summon the legendary pokemon of that area, so that's exciting!

Flight Rising
It's the 4th year celebration! Read the news post and started getting Baldwin resources so I can craft copies of the new apparel :) 

Novilar
Did some more exploring so that I could finally buy the Lion festival skin! It's so gorgeous! Tomorrow I'm going to work on buying a lion to put it on C:

Edited by Pepper-Head

6/9/17

Neopets

Trudy's surprise gave me 5k, which was nice of em.... Checked bank, shop, normal stuff.

Novilar

Explored, did some crafting, still finding my way around the site and learning, interesting concept and design. Generally enjoying the experience! Wish the crafting aspect was a little more streamlined to be able to determine cooldowns and ingredients a little more clearly.

6/8/17

Neopets

Did some dailies, got quite a big chunk from the stock market :P

6/9/17

Flight Rising

Fed all my dragons (poor things, they hadn't been fed in months), caught up on the news and did some battling.

Neopets

Some more dailies. Still trying to find something more fun to do on there.

6/9

Neopets
Rank 2 for Altador Cup! Didn't spend much time here today, looks like there's a lot of drama with JumpStart wrongly flagging people as cheaters in the Cup. 

Pokefarm
Did my quick dailies again, and summoned the island legendaries and cosmog!

Novilar
Restocked my shop, did my 100 steps and checked back in twice for my extra steps. Still trying to get coin for a lion!

My log for the past two days. Hardly played yesterday just ended up being pretty busy doing other stuff. Pretty busy today too, but did play a bit longer on Eliyo than yesterday.

6/9/2017

Wajas

Logged in and played pear game but didn't have time for much else today.

Eliyo

I did a few battles and got a couple levels. Got distracted mid way through working on a concept idea :P of something that I felt would make it better. 

6/ 10/2017

Wajas

Pretty much just did the pear game. But I did click the 1,500 pear this time which is always exciting, and with the 3 day multiple that was 4,500.  

Eliyo

Battled some more and was able to catch an elon with the new ocelot marking. First prism broke, but second caught him. Was down to very low health too so was pretty happy I didn't faint instead, plus I only had two prisms anyway at this point and low on money. Bought a yokio herb to breed them and was disappointed that they refused to breed.  Battle some more to earn enough for another herb only to realize I actually HAD another herb already.. But don't have enough zikzang flowers for both of them to clear out their cooldown so would have to wait another hour to breed anyway. Decided to play with the new guy since he was going insane and got a lot of plays out of the stick, especially compared to the my other guy who has an aggressive personality trait. Decided to check him out, and actually he IS gentle, so not surprising he was able to play with it so long. Also makes sense why they wouldn't breed right away, guess I wasn't just unlucky. :) 

Edited by Anoua

6/10 - shorter play time due to looking after 1 year old while wife did some con ed.

Neopets

Dailies, slowly getting ready back into buying and selling. I find I really only find Neopets interesting for the economy.

Novilar

This game continues to fascinate me, I find the exploration interesting even if the messages are starting to feel commonplace. I haven't really used my shop at all, perhaps tomorrow...

6/11

Wajas - logged in checked things, played pear game. 

Eliyo - Successfully bred my two Zorvics. Baby is markingless though which is too bad. Was hoping for multiples, likely a carrier though. 

6/12

Wajas - Played pear game pretty much.

Eliyo - a couple battles. 

Flight Rising - logged in, fed all my starving dragons and had to convert some more food to feed them all. This is the case 90% of the time for me on this game since how often I login. Gathered some items and played tidal waves in the fairground. Kind of fun, but also just felt like a time waster and not really related to the game. I do like that you get money for each level, and not just at the end. Makes me want to keep playing more and just feels safer if the browser crashes or something. It's a fun enough game but not really that exciting too me. I don't really enjoy battling on flight rising, and have enough dragons already, so don't really have any real goals on the site right now.

6/13
Wajas
Logged in and had puppies born which is exciting. 5 or 6 or so. Can't really see the colors yet other than the base colors though. Also did pear game up to day 6 now.

Eliyo
A couple battles, enjoying the updates I made, relatively minor but included adding images to the won items at the end of battle which is a lot more fun, I pretty much never read the text before. But then I fainted and decided to rest from that for a bit instead of wasting money at the apothecary. But good news, my shop items sold which was just a couple items and more than the general store sells them for and managed to have over 1500 coins. Ended up spending down to 1000 right away to get my plushie collection started in my cabinet. 

6/12

Neopets

Got some more shop buying in, finally getting a profit back, made about 200k in all on top of the 50k np I spent. No complaints there. Neopets economy never stops to amaze me, I mean a Bag of Peanuts is worth over 100k, but the Sausage Cornucopia is only worth a few thousand np. :D

Novilar

Had a kit born today, cute little orange/aqua fella. Also just doing the adventuring and crafting thing.

6/13

Neopets

Continuing to buy and sell, still making some np, slower.

Novilar

Made Scholar in alchemy, I found it a little grinding, but have a method to speed it along now. Otherwise just adventuring and exploring.

6/14

Neopets

just checked the shop today.

Novilar

Did my 100 steps, found a lot of minipets and did the Savannah alter daily.

6/14
Wajas - Pear game and new trivia opened up so I played that as well and ended up getting 800,000 which seems pretty high honestly.
Eliyo - Battled checkd to see if anything sold in my shop. Don't think I really did much else but I did check in a couple time throughout the day.

6/15
Wajas - Pear game checked the news. 

Eliyo - Did a battle and bought another plushie from the shop now have 4 in my cabinet

Novilar - Dedicided to check things out again, it's been a while. Really like the explore improvements, makes it more interesting and less of a burden. I did miss a few items in the beginning though which is frustrating. Feels like the collect text stand out a bit more, but I guess once you know you know so might not be bad. And you are also more likely to read when you haven't played before. I just did a set of explores and that was it for me.

Sylestia - had to do a mass revive on load, which I am glad they have. Would probably just quit if all my pets were dead when I came back. And spring Festival is currently in progress, looks like it's only up for 3 more days. But I explored around the spring zone a bit which was fine, battling has been changed though so my guys attacks are missing, also it's just not as fun without sound as it used to be. Really appreciating Eliyos sounds and effects even more now. Just doesn't feel interactive without it. But it's fun, will probably try to play a bit more before the festival ends.

Haven't really been logging, but I've been doing my dailies on PF and Flight Rising. I finally got all my dragons fed!

I check up on Neopets for the Altador Cup, but the charm usually wears off quickly :'D You can only go so many years grinding on that thing. I usually don't get past the first few ranks, but somehow last year I got to rank 11. I'm currently on rank 3 this year.

I don't think I did much Friday (6/16) that I can remember, and only managed to keep my pear game going on Saturday (6/17) but ended up missing Sunday (6/18) :( So back to square one there.. Kind of why it's just not worth it to me. We went out of town for father's day and with everything going on missed Sunday without even realizing it. 

6/19

Wajas - Started pear game again and verified I did actually miss yesterday since I wasn't sure. 

Wulves - Was posted on the big games list and signed up since I had didn't realize it ever opened up publicly. Not much going on community or news wise though. But created a character and creature so far. Played there mini games but not worth the hassle as the payout is low and they aren't that fun.

Eliyo - Mostly just checked in so far but will probably may play a bit later if I have time.

• 2 weeks later...

oh man this seems fun!!
too bad I just discovered this towards the end. rip. 

uhhhh well here's what I've been doing pretty much the past month.

Flightrising:
>>been melting down things every half hour in baldwin's to try to get my level up to 17 before the festival.
>>finally made a bogsnek egg, sold that for 200g
>>had been saving up to buy gems so I could get a gene for 1,200g. 1g:1000t rate, but got a few deals. Been market stalking for quick nabs and resells. Was able to buy a few familiars for 4g (4,000t) that sell for 25,000t. sold those, made some profit. 
>>saved up for festival. but not enough
>>in complete panic state because 11 new familiars came out and I needed all of them, though all are selling for 350g ($3.50) and I'm not about to drop that kind of cold hard cash this close to the end of the month to pay for things.
>>bribed 3 friends with commissions, got that. got screwed over and threatened, peeps on my FR discord gave me an extra familiar because friend was gonna screw me over (thanks to them!)
>>invested in doubles of every holiday item
>>played coli every day for the past week for about 2 hours or so, to grind up enough points to purchase things. make about 120k a day.

>>I have no life.

chickensmoothie: adopt pets. check pound every day probably like 5 times a day? usually am able to get something.

also I play irl like a pet sim, I do ebay for a living and watch market values/etc when buying/reselling. so.. lol.