Falling in love all over again!

Digital

This is to follow up on the previous post, which went over how I feel that the industry has fallen out of love with itself.

As I said in my previous topic, you cannot be part of an industry without being an active part of it, and that means completely and not just as an artist/programmer/writer for hire. One trend is that a lot of us don't play the games we profess to love and want to work in on a regular basis. Why is this bad? It means we are not learning, we are not seeing what other games are doing, how they are doing it. We are not keeping up to date, and we are not participating. This is horrible for us, and for the community and industry as a whole.

Rather then rehash the argument again, read the previous topic yourself.

At the end of that topic, I mentioned that I wanted to challenge the community to not only push their own limits, but to realize that for our industry to grow and expand, it begins with us loving it again.

To that end, I am issuing a challenge to everyone. A 30-day challenge to play a virtual pet game, either vps or sim, daily. The amount of time is up to you, but the idea is to log in and do something daily, and then write up a simple log of what you did, and what you thought about it, whether you liked it, felt it was pointless/difficult/fun/annoying. This starts tomorrow, however you may start at any time.

Please write you logs in this thread:

Sounds like a fun challenge, can't make any promises to hit every single day but will give a good effort. Actually was logging into wajas everyday a bit ago (they have a game that stacks daily the amount of points) but randomly missed a day and decided to give it a rest again. Too much stress and soo easy for me to miss one here and there even when trying. :/ 

Game Log 6/8/2017

Wajas,
Logged onto wajas, checked notifications and news. Got a sale. Put up some past breedings up for sale and made a new group to get rid of ugly babies to the obsessed wajas fan. Wish there was an easier way to get rid of ugly babies, also would like them to just be completey removed from the system. Also did a few more breedings for my rooster wajas, which was an event that has probably passed, but since I spent money on them, decided to go ahead and continue the project. The site is slow. Longed back in to do the daily pear game which I forgot to do earlier.

Eliyo,
My own game, but decided to make a new account to play through the experience since it has been a while. Started a new one, picked my elon and did some battling. Earned some currency and items. Fed my elon with the earned currency, and grabbed some toys from the toy shop taking my new Zorvic from Insane to Excited. And of course ran into some things I want to correct as well which I'll probably look into.

3 hours ago, Anoua said:

Game Log 6/8/2017

Wajas,
Logged onto wajas, checked notifications and news. Got a sale. Put up some past breedings up for sale and made a new group to get rid of ugly babies to the obsessed wajas fan. Wish there was an easier way to get rid of ugly babies, also would like them to just be completey removed from the system. Also did a few more breedings for my rooster wajas, which was an event that has probably passed, but since I spent money on them, decided to go ahead and continue the project. The site is slow. Longed back in to do the daily pear game which I forgot to do earlier.

Eliyo,
My own game, but decided to make a new account to play through the experience since it has been a while. Started a new one, picked my elon and did some battling. Earned some currency and items. Fed my elon with the earned currency, and grabbed some toys from the toy shop taking my new Zorvic from Insane to Excited. And of course ran into some things I want to correct as well which I'll probably look into.

Awesome start, thread for logs is here (sorry for confusion :P)