Forum Adoptable Preview 6/2

Digital

So, to start off, this will be a little more technical.

When I created the Adoptables, I opted to go for a simplistic linear leveling system, using a single counter that just kept growing. I called this Power. It has worked wonderfully as a game system, but is confusing, and doesn't really fit into the concept too well as Power always felt like some form of odd currency when it really wasn't.

To combat that, the next update for Adoptables will be doing away with Power as the front facing progression stat, and moving to a more traditional scaling leveling system. The pet displays will change to look like this:

adoptables_postbit_xp.png

As you can see, you have a level, as well as progress bar leading to the next level. The nice thing about this change is that power actually isn't going away, it is still used, and how you earn it doesn't change either. Just how it is presented becomes easier to understand. Another benefit to this will be that the Adoptable will become more challenging to level up as it reaches higher levels.

For those interested in the math, here is the scaling:

To get current level: 0.3 * sqrt(power)
To calculate needed xp to level up: round(power(ceil(level) / 0.3, 2))

Along with unique trophies and awards for achieving certain things with your Adoptable, the next release should bring nice changes to the whole system.

I'm looking forward to the changes! It'll be much easier to track their progress for evolution that way :)

@Digital I'm having some trouble with backgrounds though - I can't seem to find ones that I already got to apply to my adopts. I bought several at a time but it only updated for one of my adopts. Buying them individually to apply to my other adopts one by one doesn't work either. Maybe a future update could look into this?

@Digital Right!
When I first did it, I bought a background for all of my adopts and checked out with all of them in my cart at the same time. It only applied a background to one. Then I tried buying one at a time but those haven't worked either. I hard refreshed and waited a day or two and they're still blank.

1 hour ago, Pepper-Head said:

@Digital Right!
When I first did it, I bought a background for all of my adopts and checked out with all of them in my cart at the same time. It only applied a background to one. Then I tried buying one at a time but those haven't worked either. I hard refreshed and waited a day or two and they're still blank.

It does appear to be acting oddly when purchasing. I will see about fixing it for next update! :thumbsup: