If you did not own your game, would you play it?

Haha, the real question is if I could remove my bias to answer the question :P

Right now, it's still in pretty active beta development so I could see myself poking around daily but not too active. I can understand that. When the game is "complete" I'm sure I would check in daily and spend at least an hour a day! I made Kasaria based off of most of my interests and things I desired to see more of or added to pet sites, so of course it'd make sense that it would be one of my favorite games.

If it can keep me passionate enough to pour time and money into making it, I'm sure I'd want to play it too :P

• Like 2

@HareYES

I get myself so excited about lore/plot ideas as I plan and implement them, but I could only imagine what the player would feel like to discover and try to figure things out on their own <3 Though I must say it's really fun and rewarding as an owner to see players work through stuff! 

Edited by Pepper-Head
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pepper-Head said:

@HareYES

I get myself so excited about lore/plot ideas as I plan and implement them, but I could only imagine what the player would feel like to discover and try to figure things out on their own <3 Though I must say it's really fun and rewarding as an owner to see players work through stuff! 

Yeah =D Plots are fun to follow! It's also really rewarding to watch everyone else enjoy it, but a tradeoff for sure. 

• Like 1

Even though my game Wild Howlz is still in development, if I wasn't the mastermind behind it, I would totally enjoy playing it. It's geared for not just straight up point and click stuff, but actually thinking and choice making, which I enjoy. Plus, I love fantasy and wolves so it's a great combo for me already.

• Like 1

Eliyo yes, especially once it's more complete as right now things are more limited long term. Of course I'm biased so hard to really objectively answer of course. But I made it based on my own interests primarily, so it is the game I wanted to play. 

Animal Acres probably not as much. I do enjoy things about it, which is why I purchased it to begin with, but I just don't play sims sites as much tending to prefer more fantasy. Which Animal Acres does have mythical creatures too (one of the things that stood out when I was deciding) but the main goals are really stats and shows, so very much a sim game concept at the core. And this is one of the main reasons I try to access my player base a lot when making changes or additions, since I am not as much the target audience. I try to pay attention on Eliyo too of course, but it's more for me and I have a main direction I am working towards regardless.

• Thanks 1