Strange/Interesting Things You've Found //(TREE WITH EYES!)\\

Nova

Yesterday I was at work (I work at a golf course) and was doing rounds around the grounds, just checking up on everything. There was a sweet plant smell in the air whenever I passed a certain spot, and I drove up to a tree to see if i could recognize it, and see if it was the one emitting the aroma. I've never paid attention to this tree before and have never been up close to it. 

So imagine my surprise when I walked up to the tree and the. Tree. Had. Eyes.

From what I can tell, that is the result of improper limb removal. But for anyone who has ever watched Gravity Falls, it gave me quite a thrill to find something like this. What are some strange or interesting things that have come across?

20170511_185410.jpg

20170511_185350.jpg

20170511_185359.jpg

Ah yeah, that would do it. If the limbs are cut off improperly on certain types of trees, they will ooze out the "sap" within and some give off a flowery or sweet smell. Not all trees do this, but it does happen.

I mostly see eyes on Birch trees though, but at least that just happens naturally and not from limb removal.

As for a bizarre thing I've seen recently...hm...

can't say a whole lot really, though I did see this interesting flat turtle a few days ago by the river

21 hours ago, Nova said:

That's fascinating! It took me longer than I care to admit to figure that out haha

Ooh you should take a picture next time, that sounds pretty!

I actually did C:

And while I was looking for it, I found this picture from last year in the fall when I went up to my brother's cabin with my mother. We took a walk and saw this massive caribou head in someone's head... over their tv. It made us laugh so hard, but I find it a bizarre location to put something so big, especially when those antlers are sharp and stick out way over into the living room >.<

DSCN1419.JPG

DSCN1109.JPG

23 hours ago, Aminirus said:

I actually did C:

And while I was looking for it, I found this picture from last year in the fall when I went up to my brother's cabin with my mother. We took a walk and saw this massive caribou head in someone's head... over their tv. It made us laugh so hard, but I find it a bizarre location to put something so big, especially when those antlers are sharp and stick out way over into the living room >.<

DSCN1419.JPG

DSCN1109.JPG

That turtle picture is very pretty! :D

That thing is so enormous haha XD

• Like 1

On 5/14/2017 at 7:46 AM, Aminirus said:

We took a walk and saw this massive caribou head in someone's head... over their tv.

Good way to lose an eye, or your life if it were to fall. Someone either loves large mammal heads, or likes to live dangerously. :D