First Points Source

So currently 80% of the blog is done with the blog comment section not even yet started. The blogs and blog comments or replies as they would be called will be my first revenue resources with a couple of restrictions. The blog section will also be a source of a sink as well for my virtual pet site Duelingpets. Blogs and replies are my first revenue sources and this is kind of a whip but gives a bit of an idea what I am shooting for. Any advice?

The proposed sources and sinks are as follows:

Source: +35points

Blogs = 30 points (Only available after a blog has successfully past review section and without any ads)

Replies = 5 points (Only applies to replies by other users on the blog itself and not the blog owner's replies)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sink: -95,000 points (Only available after a blog is published with ads and the owner has the required points in his pouch)

Banner = -63,000 points

Mascot = -20,000 points

Large images = -3000 points per image

Small images = -600 points per image

Edited by Boltgreywing

Hi @Boltgreywing

I think you will need to provide more context to this before anyone is able to give any suggestions or advise. For example; What benefit does a blog bring to a user of your site? What exists at the moment? What are "points" and how common are they?

When you title says "revenue", this suggests making real money.. but your thread content seems to contradict that? Could you clarify?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nate said:

Hi @Boltgreywing

I think you will need to provide more context to this before anyone is able to give any suggestions or advise. For example; What benefit does a blog bring to a user of your site? What exists at the moment? What are "points" and how common are they?

When you title says "revenue", this suggests making real money.. but your thread content seems to contradict that? Could you clarify?

@Nate: I just changed the title. The benefit of having a blog is not only does it provide the user with a set of points it also makes the user more visible to other users because now he appears in the news section. Currently the way my website is set up users have the ability to shout on each others profile but no way to be found publicly. Points are the currency that my site uses in the manner of purchasing pets. However since I don't have any pets this doesn't apply.

I can't really say how common my points are going to be in the economy because I only have one source and relatively few sinks. I am talking about imaginary money not real money. The points could also be used to pay for npcs.

Ah that makes sense. A blog that would would allow you to post up details of what you're upto etc and allows you to be visible to other users, so like a "public" blog/list type of thing.

Its a good idea, perhaps you could have a "like" button and each time someone likes a blog users post the blog owner gets points.