The Lost Fable

Nate

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey TGL!

Another update for TLG is some more detail on specifically the management of your User Shop/Market :)

Link here (This links to an external site and should open in a new tab).

We're looking at opening to a few people to test it out in the coming months, so watch this space to find out how to register for that.

-Nate :)

I really like and appreciate how much transparency you seem to offer during the development! This sounds very interesting and is nice seeing each step of the way.

Your market price change idea is nice! I would like to suggest adding a way to see the average sale or lowest current market price if you are not considering adding that already. It helps save time and avoids players needing to open several tabs or go back and forth to find how they should price and item. At least for me personally i find it a bit confusing and difficult when the market price statistics aren't on the same page of the item i'm trying to price. I could be wrong and you might want to encourage players to look up the price statistics vs hand it to them.
The over all simplicity concept is nice and eliminates confusion or too many decisions to make.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

TLF Update #13 was posted a while back - Link (although is NOT related to TLF.. buuuut links to a YouTube video with me in it OMG)

and I just posted TLF Update #14 which is a long generic "end of year update" on the status of things - Link

(Note: These links are external links to my game's development forum - this should open in a new tab/window by default)

EDIT: PS, I've disabled forum registering. Waaaay too many bots.

Edited by Nate
PS.

1 hour ago, Mortain said:

there are ways to combat bots. If you can set questions upon registering and customize them (like who is the first president of the united states, and what color is the sky?) it will help combat these bots easily. 

Yeah I am aware, however the ability to register on the temporary forum is irrrelevant and pointless, so for now I’m just going to leave it as a temporary blog platform for the updates, and possibly open registration again closer to release. 

Hey all,

As promised in my previous update, I'm sticking to try and post on a weekly basis going forward. This is TLF Update #15, where you can see a short video of me using the Quick Stock functionality (Disclaimer: No Audio!).

While developing it, I tried to make it require the least amount of clicks possible when moving items from one place to another :). I have planned the ability to "undo" your clicks (if you misclick or change your mind), however that is something for future development.

Link

(Note: The link is an external link to my game's development forum - this should open in a new tab/window by default).

Any suggestions on how to make this even better, please let me know! (I'm already considering changing both dropdowns into horizontal icons.. meaning one LESS click, haha.)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi TGL,

More TLF updates are now available.

In last weeks update I gave some more insight into markets, market stalls and "advertising stock":
TLF Update #17: Markets - Sponsored Stores and Advertisements

I followed this up a few days later with the latest release notes released to the internal testing server:
Release 0.2.1 - Markets are Finished

And today I have posted this weeks update where I'm giving some explanation and justification on using dual-currencies on TLF:
TLF Update #18: The value of a Secondary Currency in Virtual Pet Sites

(Note: The links are external links to my game's development forum - they should open in a new tab/window by default).

• 10 months later...

Hey all,

i figured I would throw up a quick update here. 

The trajectory and angle of The Lost Fable has changed considerably recently, and therefore I have decide to team up with @Claws (We co-created IcePets) to push the contents of this project into something even bigger and better!

The new project that that this is being used for is now called Project Petsite. You can follow our updates at:

Discord: http://www.ProjectPetsite.com/discord

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/ProjectPetsite

And we are expecting to start testing with users feedback early in 2019 ?

Thanks

Nate

Edited by Nate
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 2:52 AM, Nate said:

The trajectory and angle of The Lost Fable has changed considerably recently, and therefore I have decide to team up with @Claws (We co-created IcePets) to push the contents of this project into something even bigger and better!

Having a fun time with this, back in the game. ^_^

• Like 1