Easter Eggstravaganza

Ready to have Eggcellent fun and get some fun prizes?

So, with this month's primary holiday (at least in the states) being Easter, I wanted to do some forum related events around it. This is the competition event, although this one is more to get everyone involved and having fun. We will have forum wide events too, but those will be announced soon.

Prizes, prizes, and more prizes:

How this competition works is there is participation, then there is the competition.

To participate, just do either challenge (or both). You will be included in the competition at the end, but you can choose not to by just letting me know.

How the competition works, is that all works provided will be put into a forum wide vote. Each challenge will be voted on separately, with the top 3 from each challenge being voted on in a final vote to determine the final winners. Each vote will last 3 days to allow members time to vote. Any member can vote.

For just participating:

• You will receive the Mottled Hare Adoptable, which was graciously provided by @Hare.
  • You will receive 10 power to your currently active pet at the end of the contest.
  • A participating trophy (I will post it as soon as I draw it)

rabbit2.png.abd01e7a7dd0747e78956f173863bb78.png
Mottled Hare - Thanks to @Hare

If you win the competition (you get the above plus):

Note: The trophies are not active on the boards, but will be before the competitions end. They will be small icons that appear in your profile on the left side of your posts. They are collectable and show you participated, they are usually unique year to year and competition to competition. They are a way to show that you are active and participate in forum activities. Winners get unique ones to show they won - they also earn the bragging rights too.

1st Prize:

• $30 Amazon eGift Card.
  • 50 Power (Divided across your Adoptables as you choose)
  • The Pure White Mottled Hare Adoptable provided by @Hare
  • A winner trophy (one of a kind)

2nd Prize:

• $10 Amazon eGift Card.
  • 25 Power (Divided as you want across your Adoptables)
  • Pure White Mottled Hare Adoptable provided by @Hare

3rd Prize:

• $5 Amazon eGift Card.
  • 15 Power (To a single Adoptable)
  • Pure White Mottled Hare Adoptable provided by @Hare

bunny2.png.20d4c928d5f16b826ab627c01b230e88.png
Pure White Mottled Hare - Thanks to @Hare
There will only ever be 3 of these!

The Challenges:

You can choose which challenge to enter, or you can do both, and compete twice in the competitions.

Egg Decorating Challenge

This challenge involves decorating this egg. You may use any program, decorate as you see fit (keep it clean), and do it to the best of your ability. Remember, this isn't about perfection or artistic ability, it is about having fun, this should not be taken seriously. The voting on this challenge is based solely on creativity in the decorations, not the artistic quality.

dinosaur-egg-coloring-page-simple-shapes-egg-coloring-pages-290x386.gif

The Story of the Egg that got Away

This one is for writers, or those who don't want to get personal with an art program. Write a small story (120 words or less) that tells a wonderful tale of an egg that got away. Be creative, as that is what the voting will be based on. Rather then set the plot any more then that, the rest is up to you guys.

Deadline and Submission Rules:

The deadline for submissions is May 3rd, 2017 at 12 noon PDT. If you have any questions about the rules, or prizes, or anything about this competition, please feel free to ask in this thread.

To submit your entries, please send them as a PM to me. Do not post them here in this thread, as voting for entries will be kept anonymous.

Happy Easter, now lets have some fun with Eggs!

Just now, runeowl said:

Is there going to be a 1st 2nd and 3rd prize winner for both categories, or simply overall? :)

The idea is overall, if there are enough entries from everyone, I will split it up and keep both separate. It depends on participation.

Just now, Syntax said:

Only 120 words?? That's a paragraph!! Oh noes that sounds kinda hard lol

If you were to sit down and write out Humpty Dumpty... it is only about 25 words, and it is about an Egg that got away. :P 

I wanted to keep the stories shorter so that people voting would not have to read novels, and it would encourage writers to not spend days writing them to be upset if they didn't win. I wanted to keep the size and scope feeling reasonable and fun.

If more of you feel it should change, please let me know. I am flexible as this is really our first larger contest.

6 minutes ago, Digital said:

If you were to sit down and write out Humpty Dumpty... it is only about 25 words, and it is about an Egg that got away. :P 

I wanted to keep the stories shorter so that people voting would not have to read novels, and it would encourage writers to not spend days writing them to be upset if they didn't win. I wanted to keep the size and scope feeling reasonable and fun.

If more of you feel it should change, please let me know. I am flexible as this is really our first larger contest.

Good point, I rescind my earlier comment. Although I don't think I've ever thought of Humpty Dumpty as an egg who got away. XD 

Aww, bunny rabbit! This will be cool. I don't think I've ever participated in a coloring/design event before. 

And I appreciate that you're keeping the writing competition short. It helps retain the lighthearted feel of this and in some way adds to the challenge.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...