What is your all time favorite PC game?

Digital

I would have to say mine is an old Windows game called Tzar. It was produced by an Hungarian game publisher and I can recall spending an entire morning on 56k dialup downloading it (50mb demo). I spent hours playing it.

It was a RTS medieval game that came with a map creator.

What is your all time memorable or favorite PC game?

I don't remember ever seeing Tzar. I definitely recall dealing with funky old computers to play some of those older games though haha.

Though my favorite has to be the Sims (1). I spent hours, days, weeks creating make believe people and houses. Also Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection—seeing how many guests I could get into a T-rex infested deathtrap. My parents were worried. 

• Like 1

I go way back. Loved Rogue, which I still play on occasion.  Roller Coaster Tycoon. Civilization II. Portal 2. Team Fortress 2. Half Life 3 2.

Far too many hours have been wasted spent playing these games when I could should have been doing something productive.

• Like 1

I always wanted to play Roller Coaster Tycoon and the Sims (I had it on the PlayStation but not the computer), and then when I had the chance to play the Sims 3 on computer, I was already an adult with less time on my hands. And I actually only spent about 30 minutes on it total, but I would have played that for hours upon hours in high school if I had it back then.

For me, Worms Armageddon wins hands down. I first played when I was about eight years old, and I never tire of it. I've played through the missions many times, and I can always find a new way to challenge myself in the freeplay mode. It's one of those games that I return to every few years and get sucked into again for a short while. I loved the whimsical style and humor.

Edited by SingSong
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Many years ago it used to be Roller Coaster Tycoon and Empire Earth.

Since then, I advanced on to Transport Tycoon, then OpenTTD..

Then more recently, I mostly play Hearthstone and Factorio.

FACTORIO is the bane of my life. If you have things to do in your life, do NOT check this game out. You will boot the game up, then suddenly realise you have been playing for 12 hours straight..

I'm currently onto my 5th or 6th playthrough of the game.. My first playthrough took me 96 hours. (Not consecutive.. over the space of a couple of weeks), now I understand it, I can complete it in around 20 or so hours..

If anyone plays it and wants to work together on multiplayer, let me know :D:D (Although I should really be coding and not gaming omg, See ya! I'm off to play it now!)

Sims 3. *hides*

Theme Hospital, Roller Coaster Tycoon, Sim Ant(yes, a sim game where you play an ant) were all favorites as well. Growing up my best friend and I would have Nancy Drew parties where we borrowed the game from the library and tried to finish it in one night. It was so official, we had a notebook where we wrote down EVERYTHING that could MAYBE be a clue, and we'd take turns clicking around and trying to solve puzzles. It was a lot of fun actually.

I've also spent a lot of my life in Civilization games.

15 hours ago, Nate said:

Many years ago it used to be Roller Coaster Tycoon and Empire Earth.

Since then, I advanced on to Transport Tycoon, then OpenTTD..

Then more recently, I mostly play Hearthstone and Factorio.

FACTORIO is the bane of my life. If you have things to do in your life, do NOT check this game out. You will boot the game up, then suddenly realise you have been playing for 12 hours straight..

I'm currently onto my 5th or 6th playthrough of the game.. My first playthrough took me 96 hours. (Not consecutive.. over the space of a couple of weeks), now I understand it, I can complete it in around 20 or so hours..

If anyone plays it and wants to work together on multiplayer, let me know :D:D (Although I should really be coding and not gaming omg, See ya! I'm off to play it now!)

I am going to try Factorio, that game seems right up my alley. :) 

• Like 1

Oh my lanta, Tzar. It's been YEARS since I've even thought about that game. I use to love it - I was also a huge Black & White fan.

While I have to agree with many of the posts, a few of my favorite 'classics' would be The Sims series, the Tycoon series (zoo, rollercoaster, hotel), and of course the Diablo and Warcraft series. I also really enjoyed point and click adventures like Myst. I still try to play World of Warcraft as often as possible but it's really the only computer game I find myself actually making time for anymore.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mine would totally have to be all the version of Zoo Tycoon. I especially love the dinosaur one since you let the t-rex loose on all the people XD (I'm so mean)... but I probably also liked the normal one since some of the animals posed a good challenge for making them happy. The roll coaster version was my first, normal zoo animals 2nd, then the aquarium and the dinosaurs. I got them in some sort of bonus pack thing, but them to death for my pc.

• Like 1