A Little Announcement

Martyn

Hello everyone, Martyn here with a little announcement for you all.
Some of you may have already noticed whilst other might not have, but @Digital has been looking to sell TGL onto another person in order to manage the upkeep of the place and luckily someone has taken him up on that chance!

Welcome @judda as the new owner of The Gaming List, he brings a few new members to the team so please give a cheer for Bedouin and Tinkerbell as well. There isn't much to say right now but I can detail a few topics we've discussed in order to give you an idea of some of the things we're looking at changing on the forums in the next year.

We will be taking a look at how the marketplace is structured, what can be improved within it and how we can ensure that members will have a much safer experience when working with anybody who sells their services in it.

We will be working on improving the staff made content, this may be through the forums or even through other media, with new guides and tips that'll help people within our community to prepare for  game ownership or artists to improve their services for example. We will be looking into interviewing members who've been part of the community for years and see what advice or titbits they can provide us on their experience.

And last but not least, a smaller update whereby we will be syncing up the roles within the forums to our discord server. This will require you to verify your account here which will sync up your roles around 10 minutes after you've added your account!

We are always actively looking for feedback and very much appreciate it when you reach out to us, if you ever feel like you have a suggestion or perhaps a new idea that you'd like to talk to us about feel free to reach out to myself, @Bedouin, @judda or @Tinkerbell as we'd love to talk with you!

• Like 7

When making the hard decision to sell TGL, it was my top priority to place someone who had been in the community for a good while, had a solid reputation, and had an interest in the community as a community. I felt I chose best in @judda.

I will always continue to be part of the community, and here. I look forward to seeing what wonderful changes come about!

For everyone who has joined the community, I owe you all a deep and real thank you from my heart, for without all of you and your contributions to this community, it would not have survived! ?

• Like 7

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2020 at 8:01 PM, Digital said:

When making the hard decision to sell TGL, it was my top priority to place someone who had been in the community for a good while, had a solid reputation, and had an interest in the community as a community. I felt I chose best in @judda.

I will always continue to be part of the community, and here. I look forward to seeing what wonderful changes come about!

For everyone who has joined the community, I owe you all a deep and real thank you from my heart, for without all of you and your contributions to this community, it would not have survived! ?

I am going to kind of miss having digital around. Still I look forward to what judda has in plan for the site. :)

2 hours ago, judda said:

@Boltgreywing Digital is still around :)

Thanks Judda can you ask him to look into the discussion about silverbrick on the market review section? I am going to presenting a bit of his side of the story. I am looking into the case to see if it has merit. I am not here to take sides on the issue, but just to provide the facts.

55 minutes ago, Digital said:

As much as I am missed, and although I am still around, I am no longer the sole (or owner) of this place, that is @judda. Also all situations are discussed by all the staff and it’s a group situation.

If you are not directly involved in the situation, it might be best to sit back and not participate, @Boltgreywing.

I understand. The main problem is I need to kind of go through all the evidence to sift through everything. If this was Paul Sonny then yes I could sit by as from what I can tell from the other users he kind of messed up things for lots of people. I have seen far too many shouting matches like this on several forums that I have been on, that I need to step in as a kind of an independent person. Cause either side can be blinded to one thing or the other.