Hello!

Mew

Hey! I've been a longtime member of the virtual pet community, starting around early 2006. I've been going by Mew since then, so you may or may not remember me! I've worked on multiple virtual pet sites in the past, such as: PetRPG, Pyropets, Anatheria, Celendria, Seripets, Kaylune, Icepets, and more that I'll add as I recall them. I am really glad to see a website to replace VPL; I was pretty sad once they went down. @Martyn thankfully reminded me of this place and that I made an account last year, so here I am!

Edited by Mew

Hey! Welcome back to the community :) It seems you have quite a lot of experience under your belt working on pet sites. I've simply been a player following the industry as it has evolved for over a decade. I used to lurk VPL until it went down one day as well and like you I'm glad I found this site to replace it. Currently I play Flight Rising and Dappervolk. Any games you are active on now or are working on? Or plans for the future?

@Celosia 

Thank you! It's definitely been a long time; I miss being apart of the community. Ever since PetRPG (the last website I staffed on), I haven't worked for any other virtual pet sites. I do however moderate for furrynetwork.com nowadays! I currently play Flight Rising and although not exactly a VPS, Animal Jam. I used to have a pet site in the making, but I ended up cancelling the project due to time and funds. It was Kitsu Online if you ever heard of it; it started off on v-petsite years ago and was pretty popular back then.

Hey there @Mew - It's great to see you again! :D Glad you made your way to this forum! Sounds like you've kept yourself busy, and moderating for furrynetwork sounds awesome. How are you liking it over there? I tried it out a while ago and really liked some of the options and interface, but I think it was a little too new to get much visibility so I haven't really touched it since. I may have to give it another shot!