How active is your community

April

• 2 months later...

Both games Animal Acres and Eliyo have a handful thoughout the day, a Animal Acres a biy more. So eliyo usually over a dozen each day, 15 within past 24 right now. And this week specifically we had over 50 for the week users active. Then Animal Acres not sure on daily but this week was over 120 people on. Of course some people have multiple accounts on their too since its allowed.

I dont make a lot and its not regular, some months people will purchase some they dont. But the server is cheap at 12.50 a month for the server and a backup service. Then there is yearly domains too. But I do make a little that I tend to put towards art so far.

We have thousands of pageviews for each site. Some weeks jump higher than other though, like 5k -18k depending how actively people are playing.

Edited by Anoua

HP has a really active community! I'm not sure what type of metrics you're wondering about, but there are usually between 20 and 40 people online at any given time, and there are ~1 million page views per month. I don't actively track how many daily users there are (especially because people having multiple accounts makes this difficult), but it looks like there were 1085 accounts online in the past 24 hours.

I don't share specific financial information, but HP makes enough for me to live on from upgrades, cash shop sales, and advertising.

At my games peak I was getting several million hits a day. For a while I was on the top 50k websites on the internet. I had about 200 active players online at a time. Sadly my games are not that active anymore because I've been really busy with life and my full time job and running my farm. At its peak I was making about 40k-50k a year. My average now is 10-20k a year. If I could have afforded to run it full time I probably could have gotten it to 80-100k a year but I never made enough for me to quit my job and run it full time. It's always been just a hobby. Also when Ubisoft stole it I spent a lot of money on lawyers and didn't get anywhere and became really discouraged about the whole thing. If big game companies can just swoop in and steal your stuff it's like what's the point? That made it hard for me to invest as much time in my games as I had before.

• 3 weeks later...

We usually have about 5-10 online at any given time. Last I checked, there were about 150 'active' accounts. We don't make any money really, but sometimes it breaks even with the server costs.

Edited by Hare

• 1 year later...

My game Dragon Lord is a very niche text based PBBG so it's not very active.  I get a few players every now and then, but text based games are a thing of the past.  I created it years ago to learn PHP, and it runs on shared hosting so cost is very minimal.  I make no money and keep it online because  I still enjoy running it and interacting with the occasional refugee that wanders in to give it a try.  I use Google Adsense, but other than that, there is no cash shop or way to make money at the moment.  I feel like I don't have anything to offer that's worth charging people for.  When I do get time to invest in more assets and features, that might change.  I'm not after making a profit, it's purely a labor of love for the time being.