Magikarp Jump!

Aminirus

Artist
Just mainly out of curiosity, but does anyone else play this little treasure of a game?

I saw a friend of mine making posts on it about a week ago and decided to check it out myself... rank 20 and a golden magikarp later... still playing it >.<  I don't know, there's something simple and fun and entertaining about it. It's mostly just a time waster, but I find it quite creative and still difficult in it's own way. Though the concept is incredibly simple, the art style is so adorable and the things that can happen I find entertaining at least.

So what about you? Have you played this game? What are your greatest achievements in it so far?

View attachment 536

View attachment 537

View attachment 538

View attachment 539

Yes! Although I've found it is very EA-ified. You can play loads and loads then BOOM the paywall hits and you gotta wait 3 hours or pay some cash now. I would prefer it if i could just watch an advert to play another battle etc >_<

That's true. The only way I avoid the wait time for the battles is just maxing out the level of my magikarp or battling ones I've done before and know their base is so I can guarentee a victory and avoid the wait for losing.

My sister just showed me this game a few days ago! I honestly couldn't get into it because it seemed so slow and random. I might try it out again today though :D

Hoping that you don't evolve your Magikarp or get it swooped up by a Pidgeotto-
Just keep training and maxing all your Magikarps. You'll get there eventually!

I've become bored with it after the first day, unfortunately. I may uninstall just to clear up space on my phone.

Hahaha, just like @runeowl said, I also played it for a couple of days (like, 20 minutes each day) before I got bored and unistalled it to clear space in my phone.

The memory in my phone is currently very tight so I just keep the things I'm REALLY into ?

It is a rather simple minded game, not one I would ever put money into... but I don't know. It sorta helps me when I need to take my mind off of something else, then I go poke my magikarps.

I started naming mine after food so now I'm at Lv 28 with Gen 34 karp named Biscuit. 

Normally I don't play such games, but when you're used to quite a few strategy based games or racking your brain on information all day long, playing something that doesn't require brain power can be... refreshing I guess :P  Either that or I'm just too easily amused, lol

I am faced with the dilemma of whether to give this one a try or not. I need help deciding if it is worth at least downloading and trying.

Even though it seems a few here have gotten bored, it seems that they enjoyed it for a while. Should I give it a shot?

I am faced with the dilemma of whether to give this one a try or not. I need help deciding if it is worth at least downloading and trying.

Even though it seems a few here have gotten bored, it seems that they enjoyed it for a while. Should I give it a shot?
I say, go for it!

I'm personally a very picky individual and get bored easily unless a game really 'wow's me!

The game was nice and safe, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it at least a little :)

I say, go for it!

I'm personally a very picky individual and get bored easily unless a game really 'wow's me!

The game was nice and safe, so I'm sure you'll enjoy it at least a little :)
@Digital, I agree with @Bravefoot. It's definitely worth a shot. The only down side is the limitations. It took me 4 generations of magikarp just to get through 1 league, due to the level cap aaargh.

Last edited by a moderator:
What.the.hell...

I took ages training up a magikarp and battling with it... i finally got back to the leader by skipping them alll... then a freaking pidgeotto comes and takes it. smh

<deletes app>

//everyone complains how simple and stupid this game is

//meanwhile

//force retires at least 3 magikarp, either by pidgeotto or by just retiring it, just to get the level to finish this league

//oh look- there's another league ahead

View attachment 680

You guys realize that this game is catered specifically for kids, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back