Newbie alert - Help with Mysidia Script?

pastosaurio

Hello! How are you doing? I signed to ask this, cause the official Mysidia forums seam to be dead. If my experiment with the script ends up working, I'll try to stick around!

I'm sorry, this is going to sound very dumb, but I'm having lots of problems with Mysidia.

I uploaded everything to my hosting site and installed the script trhough the built in installer, but no matter what I do I keep getting HTTP Error 500. I haven't changed anything in the code. I don't know much about programming, I'm pretty sure I'll make lots of mistakes, but I'm trying to learn, so sorry if this sounds dumb.

@pastosaurio On your cPanel, or wherever you are publishing it to, are you able to retrieve the error logs to see what it is erroring on?

My first guess is the version of PHP, but that is without much information.

@judda I can't find my error logs in the control panel (infinityfree hosting), and my PHP version is 7.0 and Mysidia v1.3.4

I had read that sometimes the PHP version can cause errors with this script but I couldn't find which version I should be using.

After a while, I tried setting up the MyBB forums thing and it worked, but the Mysidia script isn't working.

Sorry I didn't give you enough details, I'll attach a screenshot of my error message:

It's in spanish but it says "This page doesn't work: antoracrittery.epizy.com cannot process this query in this moment. HTTP ERROR 500"

This only happens when I try to access the Mysidia section of the website. When I go on the forum section everything works perfectly.

View attachment 5108

Last edited by a moderator:
@pastosaurio I would start by trying the following, in index.php add:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Then start seeing what it says, if anything.

@pastosaurio I would start by trying the following, in index.php add:

ini_set('display_errors', 1);
ini_set('display_startup_errors', 1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Then start seeing what it says, if anything.
Putting those lines displays this message:

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required '/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/adopt//inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear/') in /home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/adopt/classes/class_mysidia.php on line 326
And the line of code it's refering to says this:

require $this->path->getRoot().$templateClass;

My guess is that it's not getting to the correct directory? But I don't know if I should change that line to something different, I don't wanna mess it up.

@pastosaurio It looks like their servers don't have the packages that you need to run it. You may be able to add Smarty templating engine in, but I'm not 100% sure.

@judda Just checked and my server did indeed not have smarty insalled. I installed it but I still get the same error message

sorry, i don't know much about coding, if i'm annoying you with all the questions feel free to tell me

Please post your config.php file and remove any database credentials or other sensitive information. I suspect your SCRIPTPATH config variable is set incorrectly.

These two lines don't match:

/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/adopt//inc/smarty/Smarty.class.php'

/home/vol8_8/epizy.com/epiz_26559584/htdocs/adopt/classes/class_mysidia.php

They need to match in order to work.

Hello! Here's an update:

-I changed my hosting server and it worked, but it had trouble with the PHP version. Now it seems like the server is having trouble so I'm testing stuff in a WAMP local server

-When testing in localhost I get the following error: "Fatal error: Class 'AppController' not found in C:\wamp64\www\login.php on line 5"

It happens on multiple pages and there might be more errors that I haven't found yet.

Has AppController been modified at all? Would you be able to post a copy here? There might be an extraneous semi-colon or something in AppController causing the error message to appear. (I am assuming you just copied everything from the online server to your local one.)

View attachment 5113

Here it is. I did not modify it. The local server has the same files as the online one. I had modified some files on the online server but then I realized that I didn't need to so I'm gonna do a clean install with the same files as my local server whenever the control panel starts working again. So taking it as the local server having the correct files, this class_appcontroller.php file should be the one that's causing trouble.

I checked the file over and it seemed fine to me - the problem might lie somewhere else.

Do you want to try a clean local install of the script?

I’m not sure if this is of much help, but you could try turning strict mode off in your php ini file and see what happens.

When I updated to php 7, strict mode caused my site to stop working and I had to turn it off temporarily while updating our code according to the new version documentation.

That might not be it though.

if your error is caused by a specific class, I would make sure that the class is working correctly. 

Back