How do you prefer to find new topics?

Digital

So, some of you might of noticed that I have been playing with the blocks in the sidebars on the forum page over the last few days. I am trying to find a display that brings newer content up for users.

How do you prefer to find content on forums to respond to?

I like having a button where you can just click on "Unread posts" and see the latest posts from the last time you visited. :)

I prefer to look at 'latest replies,' stuff I haven't read or just the most recent. If that's not available, I look at the popular ones.

Also I'm lazy and won't click on anything usually unless both of those aren't viewavle available at a glance. 

I prefer to look at 'latest replies,' stuff I haven't read or just the most recent. If that's not available, I look at the popular ones.

Also I'm lazy and won't click on anything usually unless both of those aren't viewavle available at a glance. 
The unread content link isn't easily noticeable in mobile. It's the document icon in the top right. It actually does a better job at telling you what people have posted then the two blocks I have up.

I too often use Unread Content or something similar, although I definitely wouldn't mind a 'hot topic' or 'new featured' type of thing to highlight content from some boards over others. 

Back