When will we see TES VI?

Callum

A question which has been brimming on the minds of almost any gamer for the last four years is 'WHEN will we see the next episode of The Elder Scrolls?!?!?!'. Bethesda have been very shady on such information, however have made it clear we aren't likely to see this high-demand game for another few years at least. They are currently working on two other projects, both of which are larger than Skyrim or Fallout ever have been, and these will take priority before TES VI is even put into development. It's safe to say, however, that with Skyrim being one of the most successful games of all time and both Skyrim and Oblivion winning so many awards each, the likelihood of Bethesda not making the next episode at all  is very very slim.

Why not throw some rumours you've heard around down below, or maybe talk about your favourite moments from the previous TES.

Mine probably has to be riding Shadowmere up mountains and then shouting him straight back down again... that horse was indestructible!

Ahh, Elder Scrolls. I started back in Morrowind.

I still have not really played Skyrim all the way though. It's on my list of things to do.

I would love to hear of a new one coming out! Skyrim was amazing, and Morrowind still holds a spot dear in my heart. It will probably be a good while before any news or anything. They seem to be focusing on other franchises and also working on content for ESO (Elder Scrolls Online). I am happy to see Morrowind return in ESO, even if it is hundreds of years before the Ash Blight.

• 1 month later...

I played Morrowind and hated it (I'm not sure why), I think back then I didn't really like open world games - in the same breathe I LOVED Fable 1 due to its linearness. 

I havent touched another TES since, but I've heard good things about Skyrim.. although I've just 100% completed Horizon Zero Dawn, so I think I should take a break from Open-World games for a while. 

Bethesda's games are awesome, and as far as game companies go among my friends(streamers, modders, etc) they have the best reputation. I had a streamer friend trying to 3d print a doom helmet and he made his own model but it would've taken forever to sand and smooth it because it was very polygonal. So he reached out to Bethesda and they sent him the fully made model for the helmet so he could print a perfect replica. 

I'm kind of surprised they aren't coming out with another TES soon, they've already confirmed Fallout 5 has been started. 

On 3/10/2017 at 9:46 PM, Callum said:

What does HL3 stand for? Not really explored many other of Bethesda's games tbh.

@N_E_Wunn

Half Life 3

55 minutes ago, Syntax said:

I'm kind of surprised they aren't coming out with another TES soon, they've already confirmed Fallout 5 has been started. 

I think overall they are going to ride on the Skyrim and TESO a little longer before an announcement. As always, I am sure the engine is in development already, as many game companies start there years before a game announcement.

2 hours ago, Digital said:

I think overall they are going to ride on the Skyrim and TESO a little longer before an announcement. As always, I am sure the engine is in development already, as many game companies start there years before a game announcement.

True. And Bethesda seems to keep the hype train low, they don't seem to do big announcements years in advance of the release date for their games. 

Edited by Syntax

• 3 weeks later...

Ok. I've decided to play thru Skyrim. I've bought it and plan to start playing it soon.

Any tips or suggestions before I start playing?

(I'll probably also record my experience with commentary and plonk it on my YouTube channel too, so any tips that make the game easier so I don't look like such a noob would be very much appreciated haha)

• 1 month later...

@Nate

Possibly slightly belated here aha, but just don't stress too much about completing the main questline first. Go off and do the Guild Questlines as they are pretty exciting (the companions is definitely an improvement from the tedium of the fighter's guild we saw in Oblivion) and then the Civil War line is pretty decent the first time around. It doesnt really matter all that much which side you choose to fight for, however siding with Stormcloaks means that you get Tulius' awesome armour when you kill him at the end.

Definitely definitely buy the Dawnguard and Hearthfire expansions as the houses are awesome, and the Dawnguard Questline is probably the most exciting one in the game. Becoming a Vampire Lord has some pretty decent benefits too - especially if you're slaying 100s of soliders in a fortress :)