Real Species, Fictional Species or Both?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Definitely both, though I really love mixed or complete fantasy creatures!

If it's based off of real animals, I prefer them to be a little dynamic with the pose, art, or color possibilities :) The rest of the game is really make or break on whether or not I'll stay and play though!

• 2 weeks later...

Though the question was broken down a little bit further in the survey, I was kind of surprised to find that people so overwhelmingly prefer realistic species to fantasy ones. Personally, I like unique fictional creatures, I think there's a lot more room for creativity there (and it was a close second in first rank on the survey, but almost nobody ranked it second). I also like to see real animals that most people would think are fictional, like a babirusa or a musk deer.

petgametypes.png

petgametypes2.png

It's hard to say. I haven't played a game that gives you a wide variety of choice like Neopets in a long time. If we're talking this type of petsite, then both OR fantasy. If we're talking the type of pet game that focuses on one species or type of creature such as Flight Rising (where the only 'pets' are dragons), then my answer is any animal that either hasn't been done before or a familiar species with unique gameplay. Dogs? I have no interest in playing another generic dog sim, but a browser game about survival where you lead a pack of stray dogs? That could be interesting.