How much would you spend on a mobile games in-app purchases?

Callum

Until recently, I never really spend money on games for mobile however then I started playing Game of War: Fire Edition... my poor bank account.

The upgrade packs increase starting at £3.99, £9.99, £29.99 and then £79.99. Well within a few hours I bought all the packs excluding the 79.99 one but on payday I will probably get a couple.  So I've spent over £40 on a mobile app game which is likely to triple by the end of the week.

Anyone else do this or similar? 

16 minutes ago, Callum said:

Until recently, I never really spend money on games for mobile however then I started playing Game of War: Fire Edition... my poor bank account.

The upgrade packs increase starting at £3.99, £9.99, £29.99 and then £79.99. Well within a few hours I bought all the packs excluding the 79.99 one but on payday I will probably get a couple.  So I've spent over £40 on a mobile app game which is likely to triple by the end of the week.

Anyone else do this or similar? 

That blasted game!

I feel you. I probably spent too much on that game.

Lately my wallet has been (to a lesser degree) spent on pokeballs for pokemon go. We don't have any pokestops nearby.

I don't normally spend money on games, be they mobile or otherwise. I'm a stickler for spending my cash, so unless I really want to back the project, it's rare for me to spend even 99 cents x'D

3 minutes ago, Digital said:

Lately my wallet has been (to a lesser degree) spent on pokeballs for pokemon go. We don't have any pokestops nearby.

I think that was the first and only mobile purchase I ever made was in Pokemon Go. That was back when I first started with it and they were super buggy so balls were of a rare breed, haha. It got me moving, excited, and generally made me happy, so I dropped a few bucks in it, no regrets :)

I can definitely see how in game purchases can easily rack up though! But hey, if it brings joy to your life, and it's not hurting your finances all too much, then go for it :) 

I'm not familiar with that game. Can you explain what the upgrade packs give you?

I'm with Kami on this one. I have yet to spend money on any mobile games, and I've spent very little on free-to-play games elsewhere. But I think that's mainly because I'm really thrifty in real life and don't like spending money on things that I don't need or that don't give me that brief, but nice, moment of happiness. I'd probably be willing to spend more if games offered things I personally deemed worthwhile.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've always tried to stay away from In-App purchases. I understand the psychology behind them, and what you are actually getting..

purchase some coins? the system just increases a number in a database somewhere...

However, Clash Royale.. omg.. I've spent over £60 on that game in the last 12 months.. :-/

I don't mind spending money on apps that I actually enjoy. I don't usually buy games, but if I find a game I really like (Fallout Shelter, Pokemon Go) I don't mind buying a few things to make the game more enjoyable and support the developers. Most recently fallout shelter, I just couldn't get past a particular point but I really liked the game so I broke down and purchased a starter pack, some pets and lunchboxes and I've been happily playing it every since. :) But I also really like Bethesda, so they can have my money. lol

• 2 months later...

I spent money on an art program ($5.99) so I could use it for commissions on my mobile phone but otherwise never bought anything. 

I dont even buy console games or steam LOL!
I mostly spend my money on flightrising and chickensmoothie.

I really can't justify spending a lot of money on a freemium app. When I was younger, I think the most I ever spent on a game like that was about $20 for Simpsons: Tapped Out, and even that was a one-time ordeal. Now I spend all my game money on Steam.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't justify spending real money on virtual stuff. One, I've been burned a few times by games I liked poofing. Not as much for lack of financial support as the devs deciding to pack up and leave. Mobile games are even more iffy for me as so many of them are clones, and a lot of the companies offering them are unknowns. I appreciate indies in all genres, but I'm not independently wealthy enough to throw money away on stuff I can't hold in my hand.