What things scare you the most about developing your game projects?

Digital

One of my fears is never getting to the final stage, but another one would be css themes. I like to try them out, but at the same time, converting them is an absolute nightmare. The newest css theme on Foodbabs I don't even touch anymore because, whatever the reason may be, that theme in particular can take up to 30 mins to show a change, even if I hard refresh. I could accidentally break something and not know it until waaay later, then fixing it takes just as long.

Another one is just development in general. Though it's bad for me to say, my thoughts before doing literally anything dev related is "I have no idea what I'm doing". My budget's so small that I can't pay to hire other people, and I usually wonder if I even know how to do what I want to add. I usually push through by rearranging upcoming features based on my current skill set from the previous ones, but it's always something I think about.

8 hours ago, Silverwulfess said:

My biggest fear is always paying money to others and having nothing delivered in return.

My fear is not getting it done ever hahaha

How have you worked through this fear so far? Perhaps a contract or other form of guarantee?

6 minutes ago, Dinocanid said:

Another one is just development in general. Though it's bad for me to say, my thoughts before doing literally anything dev related is "I have no idea what I'm doing". My budget's so small that I can't pay to hire other people, and I usually wonder if I even know how to do what I want to add. I usually push through by rearranging upcoming features based on my current skill set from the previous ones, but it's always something I think about.

It is always scary to do something new without previous knowledge. You have done a great job with Foodbabs and it shows!

I have hired my next programmer through upwork which seems to have processes in place but I've had this fear since even before as I've always been uncomfortable sending large amounts of money for things. Also just had this fear buying my manifolds for my car from the other island within nz so it's not isolated to programming