CSS Pre-Processors

Hasi

Do you have a preferred CSS Pre-Processor?

I've personally been using LESS for the last few years and just (very) recently started using SASS. It felt really complicated at first, but the more I've been using it lately, I'm starting to really love it- actually I'd say it's less complicated! No extra add-ons or files and so much more support and features. Wondering why it took me so long.

What about yourselves?

On 10/13/2017 at 4:07 PM, Hasi said:

Do you have a preferred CSS Pre-Processor?

I've personally been using LESS for the last few years and just (very) recently started using SASS. It felt really complicated at first, but the more I've been using it lately, I'm starting to really love it- actually I'd say it's less complicated! No extra add-ons or files and so much more support and features. Wondering why it took me so long.

What about yourselves?

I have used LESS and SASS both in the past, and always found SASS to be much more flexible and more comfortable for myself personally. I hardly start new projects with plain CSS anymore. :P 

Any other  @Programmer or  @Game Owner making use of LESS or SASS?

I found LESS to require more set up, but true that it's very similar to SASS. SASS also seems to give you more controls that LESS doesn't offer- and as a bonus the SASS community is way larger than LESS. It'll likely be even larger with bootstrap moving over to SASS as well.

I never use plain CSS anymore- using a preprocessor saves you a ton of time with variables, nesting, organization, not to mention all the tools and functions to save time. Plus you can have your CSS minified automatically on save- sweeeeeet!

• 7 months later...

I sometimes use sass at work. I haven't really used less to compare them though. I like sass for variables especially, but nesting and reuse is nice. The extra setup required is a negative though for me, but is still worth it for many projects I dont have a problem using regular css either, though I do prefer using a framework such as foundation.