Show off what you are working on

Digital

Today I added some hover boxes on the main page of my game to give tooltips for some of the options that players first see once they create an account and login.  I've had a few people register for my alpha test, but so far no one has actually played or leveled up, so I thought maybe people are feeling lost about what to do.  I tend to take for granted that I find my own way very easily around any new programs, apps, and games, and others might not have that knack.  Yesterday I added some cover art for the homepage which is also on the Hall of Fame page in-game:

Cover-Art.png

Edited by Kesstryl

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm making pet icons for the pet system in my rpg browser game.  This is my first time making pixel art.  I bought Aseprite on sale on Steam, and it really does make creating pixel art so easy.  Here's my very first one that I just made this morning, which is now on the alpha test site of my game:

Raven.gif

21 minutes ago, Cadence said:

I really like this style! I'd love to see more item art like this :P

thank you!! I was really proud of how it ended up looking! If I decide to continue on with the game concept I have I'd really love to do all the item art in the same style :) 

Just got back from an art convention on the other side of the states and heard from more than one person that to get a good following on Instagram you need to consistently post at least once a week, so here's the first in a (hopefully) long list of new posts! 

rain_by_absolutezeroes-dbunebs.jpg

• Like 2

I redid this painting from 2011 which is like, 6 years ago and I'm pretty happy with the results. :) Sometimes it's pretty cool to see how much you improve based on what you can finally paint v. before. I didn't know the techniques to paint what I had in mind back then haha

Inhuman (2017 Repaint) by michelley-draws

Before/after comparison;

Inhuman (2011 v 2017) by michelley-draws

Edited by Cadence
  • Like 2

A project for university, based off of my own concept (see below) The idea is that he is a 'Dragon Hunter'. 

ellie-cooper-dragonfinished.jpg?15070487

First Concept for the Dragon Hunter. 

ellie-cooper-v2dragon.jpg?1511552941

Second Concept art (made him more realistic, researched better for the crossbow i.e guns, crossbows, etc to see how I could realistically have him fire it. Also changed a few things, more armour, etc.

ellie-cooper-turnaround.jpg?1512989191

ellie-cooper-beautyshot1.jpg?1512989215

Details of the sculpt. 

ellie-cooper-beautyshot6.jpg?1512989217

Details of the sculpt. 

I used ZBrush and 3ds Max for this project. I have already learned so much. I think if I redid the project it would come out even better which is exciting as I have one more character to get done over this month. Enjoy! 

• Like 1