Felisfire's Potential Sale and Other Developments

Navy

3 hours ago, Nova said:

I wonder if the new owner will be able to pay in monthly chunks or if the whole sum needs to be transferred over at once?

It's gotta be monthly or yearly, sadly. I work in a server/site industry. Unless perhaps it's someone's private server, but then they would need a server admin.

• Like 1

Besides the strangeness surrounding the fiances, it could be interesting if someone actually breathed some life into the game. I played it for a very short while before I got bored, as I'm not a big fan of SIM games where your pets age/die/become useless, but I can see the appeal. 

• Like 1

@Niabi - While I can certainly understand wanting "official" updates to come from staff members or Slash himself - I would also venture out to say that, if it's being posted on FF and a screenshot is being shared, it's not any different than hearing it straight from the horse's mouth, so-to-speak. It's just a guarantee that the TGL community will actually see/get those pertinent updates, and not sitting back and hoping that a staff member eventually decides to post that update here. And reading through the thread, I don't get the impression it would be shared here at all.
In the end, it's all the same exact information, just not straight from you/other staff.

That being said, I don't see sharing the relevant screenshots as an attempt to paint FF in a negative light at all. It's going through transitions, users are worried/expressing concerns, and they're getting answers to questions they've been wondering about. Sharing that Q&A shouldn't paint FF in any negative light, simply because it's being shared outside of FF.
Any potential new user or, if it comes down to it, new owner who's not a part of the site already, deserves to know what's going on behind the scenes before moving ahead. I'd expect it of any other game going through growing pains.

• Like 2

I had forgotten about FelisFire!

I wish them the best of luck finding a new owner, and I hope the game doesn't rot or isn't taken down due to a lack of sale. It's always sad to see a game in our niche go. It had an interesting premise but I was younger and pretty confused by sim games. I had some pretty basic and garrish lil alien cats but I loved them haha! It would be neat to give it another try later.

Petsites usually don't have the best of luck when reselling to a new owner, so I can understand staff being picky and I'm glad they looked within the game's community first.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

If felisfire is up for sale, how much is it?

I usually pay for servers in 5 year chunks.

what does slash want with royalties/income revenue? If he just wants a manager and someone to pay for server space, thats no prob. 

my server is currently paid for, for 3 years.

Edited by Zrcalo

@Zrcalo - From what we know which is little due to the hostility of FF's official staff, we know that Slash was asking for $10,000 for the purchase of the site. All the information pointed towards him wanting to sell it outright, not just have someone manage it.

For the community at large, updates are now much more sparse, it appears @Navy has been banned from FF, with her ban stating that she broke multiple terms in their TOS, no staff has responded to her requests of why or what terms. I am not going to get into the back and forth, but wanted the community to be aware of this event. @Niabi, who basically did not hide her discontent at this post has not responded (to my knowledge) to any request as to why either.

Well, I hope he finds a buyer. 10k is nothing to sneeze at. 
with the toxicity and reputation, I doubt he'd get that much for it unless he sold it to a corporation that didnt know what they were getting themselves into.  It'll be interesting to sit back and watch how this plays out.

My prediction is that the site will just go offline one day and collect dust.

1 hour ago, koafox said:

Seems too coincidental to not be related. Sloppy handling by FF staff, imo. I'd be interested in a statement on this...

Although I would also, @Niabi has indicated earlier in this thread that they are not interested in participating in this community or offering any official statements.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I can tell (through myself and sources who have been monitoring), there is no news to update on this front. The threads are pretty much dead where the sale is concerned. Keep in mind it doesn't mean it has sold or really that anything is going on.

The general pattern in the thread is that there were a few serious offers, however shortly afterward Slash released the financials, and other staff were encouraging others to be serious about it. Since it has been a few weeks, either a sale is pending, or there were no serious offers.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, Digital said:

From what I can tell (through myself and sources who have been monitoring), there is no news to update on this front. The threads are pretty much dead where the sale is concerned. Keep in mind it doesn't mean it has sold or really that anything is going on.

The general pattern in the thread is that there were a few serious offers, however shortly afterward Slash released the financials, and other staff were encouraging others to be serious about it. Since it has been a few weeks, either a sale is pending, or there were no serious offers.

To update on this, it appears a new owner is in place, in respect to the new owner, I will be locking this thread, in time I hope that staff at FelisFire can consider TGL to be a great place to post news and game updates!